PDA

View Full Version : The Lady protests too much (lynx v Gaz).

angrycat
23rd Nov 2001, 03:29
Specifically to Lynx pilots. Why the problem with Gazelle pilots. A different helicopter is not hard to convert to , or is it the usual my belly is bigger than yours story.
Wake up and smell the coffee the lynx as well as the gazelle has no military purpose whatsoever. The sonner both are gone the better.

I.P Stop
23rd Nov 2001, 20:38
Nice subject- "I don't think"
What are you hunting for angry? :p

SlimJim
23rd Nov 2001, 23:37
Well, hang on!

Without the Lynx half the Dutch navy at sea would be stuck without mail and spare parts. The captain hates being wet & miserable when transferring from one ship to another. The pilot might even spot a submarine when he's flying around!

Redbeard
25th Nov 2001, 23:27
:cool:
love the grand old lady ;)

Jetscream 32
26th Nov 2001, 03:38
Angrycat you nonse - you wouldn't have said that in 91, in sunnier climes?

Best get some hours under your belt before you start belly-aching? :o

Tigs
26th Nov 2001, 14:17
Jetscream
Do you have to have hours under your belt before you can start belly-aching? Angrycat has got a point it's the same old elitism bo*****s going on, we're better than you nah! nah! nah! nah! nah!. If flight crews have the apptitude and they can do the job, then let them do it. Bye the way i've got plenty of hours, and they are 'quality hours'.

Jetscream 32
26th Nov 2001, 18:21
Tigs,

My response is based around the comment that neither cabs are needed! :rolleyes:

Low and Slow
26th Nov 2001, 20:17
"the lynx as well as the gazelle has no military purpose whatsoever"

WHAT A COMPLETE CROCK! :mad:

What the hell is the alternative to Lynx? Lynx AH/HAS has some very specifi qualities that RAF SH cannot replicate.

Yes, I know I've over reacted to silly wind-up but I've been away and am out of practice

b34n
28th Nov 2001, 00:59
done both now and cant fault the original comment " no military use whatsoever " what does the LUH do that a cheaper alternative can`t? and after the recent fiasco of shuffle the pack, who really cares...after all we are just really building hours for the 22 yr point in the end, unless of course you really believe that the AAC "manage" anyones career? One used to believe that our corps cared about the people it had serving......now its QHI`s and apache pilots who run the corps??....or am I wrong?

Tigs
28th Nov 2001, 19:53
Jetscream
Fairdoos Chumster!

barneyrubble
29th Nov 2001, 01:50
Tigs,
What are quality hours?, are they like the sweets, you only pick the ones you like or to ask another way, what arn't quality hours :rolleyes:

Tigs
30th Nov 2001, 22:34
Barneyrubble,
What a quality question. I guess the type of flying that does not fall into the category of quality hours would be the type where you are sat reading the newspaper on the flight deck, or perhaps even having a snooze. In the weeds, hands on, no alt hold, no auto pilot, fast and furious etc etc blah blah, now they are quality hours.

barneyrubble
30th Nov 2001, 23:39
Tigs, done that thousands of times, good fun but not very productive. :cool:

Tigs
3rd Dec 2001, 16:12
Barney
So have I, I know it's not productive but it's bloody good fun though eh!

Murphy
4th Dec 2001, 02:46
WOW!!!! You two must be GREAAAAT!!! :rolleyes: