PDA

View Full Version : NAVIGATORS................

DOC.400
3rd Oct 2001, 10:47
Sent these from a RAF pal -too good to keep to myself. If you've heard them before..........

"What is the difference between a navigator and a shopping trolley?

The shopping trolley has a mind of its own."

"Why did the navigator have two black eyes?

Because I had to tell him twice."

Zoom
3rd Oct 2001, 13:01
'Where are we, nav?'
'Over the sea.'
'Which sea?'
'So you want pinpoint navigation?'

Basil
3rd Oct 2001, 13:46
Had a colleague who used to refer to #2s as " going to give birth to a navigator." :eek: and declared that he'd rather have another 100lbs of fuel than the nav.

His words, not mine; some of my best friends are navigators but I'm not sure I'd let my daughter marry one . . . :D

Tilt and Gain
4th Oct 2001, 02:13
"Giving birth to a Harrier mate" is the fashionable phrase in the 2-seat world.

alphaball
4th Oct 2001, 11:32
The C-130 has many different buses.

Left Hand AC
Essential DC
Essential AC etc. etc.

Then theres the Non-Essential bus which is the one that brings the Navigator to the Aircraft.

Al Titude
5th Oct 2001, 02:13
Quote from a Jag mate...
"I'd rather struggle with TAPS than get the wrong information late!"
:cool:

RubiC Cube
5th Oct 2001, 15:27
To give an equal balance to this thread, I've known more than a few people who have lived up to the acronym PILOT - Perverted Idiot Lousy Officer Thick as ****.

Per Ardua ad Infinitum
5th Oct 2001, 18:22
And don't forget that Pilots are

TWO Wings Attached To Sweater !

or is that just Huge Tozzer/Yozzer Hughes?

Dunhovrin
5th Oct 2001, 19:03
Whats the difference between a Nav and an INS?

You only need to punch information into an INS once.

Young pilot in bar: "Hey wanna hear a nav joke".

One of two crusty old blokes in civvies:"Young man before you go any further I am a navigator and so is the Air Marshal here"

Young pilot:"OK I'll speak slowly then"

What do you get if you cross a nav and an Air Traffiker?

A lousy talk down to the wrong airfield.

DOC.400
5th Oct 2001, 20:28
Any blonde navs out there...........?

Cue for more jokes.........

Flatus Veteranus
5th Oct 2001, 21:22
Nav enters crew room and spies pilot sitting in front of goldfish bowl, staring intently at the occupant. A while later the Sqn goldfish swims over to the edge of the bowl and gazes at pilot, its mouth opened and closed, opened and closed, opened and closed...
Another while later, the goldfish starts to do aerobatics in the bowl. Marvellous display: loops, rolls, lazy 8s, Immelmans, the whole 9 yds. Nav is astonished and asks pilot how it is done.

"Simple. Just concentrate hard. Its the power of a greater mind over a lesser".

"Can I have a go?"

"Sure. Be my guest".

Nav sits in front of bowl and concentrates hard, with big frown. Goldfish ignores him at first, and then swims lazily towards Nav, confronts him and stares, and stares, and stares. Nothing happened at first. And then, after a while, the Navs mouth opened and closed, opened and closed, opened and closed.... :D :D :D

Strobin' Purple
6th Oct 2001, 14:49
Christ, talk about long suffering, we even get banter from non professional PPL garbage. Hey Doc haven't you got a ' building consultants' chat room to annoy?

What do pilots use as contraceptives?
Their personalities.

You're all just jealous 'cos you didn't get to do your training in Donny, apart from the truckies and they were all too busy stuffing their faces at Panchos.

Hey, Duncrashin', still got a job?