PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan war is just Willy Waving

rosscoe_pk
25th Oct 2001, 14:33
Thought you might like this :

Kate Adie says she doesn't want to cover the war on terrorism and has described it as a load of willy waving.

She says she's returned to London because the military action against Afghanistan isn't a proper conflict.

The BBC says her comments don't reflect the corporation's view of the war.

Ms Adie said: "It's ridiculous the world's most powerful nations are fighting one of the weakest. It's just a load of willy waving."

She added the real war is yet to happen.

"We're fighting the wrong people - the hijackers were mainly Saudis." She said the allies should be concentrating on the Saudis and the Middle East.

The BBC told The Sun: "These are Kate's own opinions on war, not ours."

X-QUORK
25th Oct 2001, 15:53
I think she's p*ssed off because she can't get close enough to see the action.

Sadly, Kate's Teddy bear has become an unwilling casualty of this conflict.....sorry.......comparison of genitals. :(

Per Ardua ad Infinitum
25th Oct 2001, 17:24
Possibly. But at least they've got the willies to wave!
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/interactive/aircraft/fthum.exclude.html

tony draper
25th Oct 2001, 18:07
I understand hers is detachable, and comes with straps. ;)

ps, Allegedly

[ 25 October 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Whipping Boy's SATCO
25th Oct 2001, 19:59
She wouldn't recognise a willy wave even if it was waved in her face!

Also Allegedly

Samuel
25th Oct 2001, 21:13
I've always been bemused by Kate's efforts to conceal her antecedent accent. She's a Geordie lass born and bred, but has gone to great trouble over the years to larn hersel to speak proper like!

K8AD
25th Oct 2001, 21:33
I am deeply hurt by all that you say :(

K8AD

BEagle
25th Oct 2001, 23:08
Never mind, K8AD - treat yourself to some new batteries. Long life ones for added pleasure??

For your toothbrush, of course!

[ 25 October 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Cyclic Hotline
26th Oct 2001, 00:53
Actually, Kate must have been reading PPRuNe in the last few days, as I'm sure I saw her described in similar terms here in the last couple of days. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2-2001370813,00.html

“I am a terribly old-fashioned old trout. I believe in public service broadcasting. I think it has a remit and can still justify that remit today and we should stand up for it.”

She also said: “TV has now moved into the celebrity area of culture and away from high culture which is expensive and has smaller audiences.

“The celebrity culture is interested in who people sleep with and whether their legs are the right shape. Everyone on TV now comes in for this type of scrutiny.

“They want people with cute faces and cute bottoms and nothing else in between.

“I am the one with the reputation for being an ageing old trout. :)

“I am out of step with the kind of journalism which says that, to understand anyone’s motives or deeds, an intimate scrutiny of their private, family and sexual life is necessary.”

A spokesman for the BBC said last night: “This is not a picture of the BBC we recognise. The BBC’s correspondents, male or female, are chosen for their skill as journalists, not how they look.”

tony draper
26th Oct 2001, 01:02
Didn't realise she was a Geordie lass, have to say I agree with most of her comments,
the news media is peopled by complete tossers nowadays, they spend a lot more time in make up than research.
We need a few more Jeremy Paxmans. ;)

kbf1
26th Oct 2001, 01:04
Tony, are you suggesting that the BBC's own "Battle Totty" munches on the Hairy Fish Pie?

Droopy
26th Oct 2001, 07:38
She's not a geordie - she's from Sunderland. They macam different there.

If you listen to the p*** take of her on BBC R4's Dead Ringers then you'll never be able to take her seriously again.

misterploppy
26th Oct 2001, 13:15
Are youse callin' wor Katie a Lezza? Then why divvn't yes just cam oot an say it!

Ah think yes are all scared of her an yer pints are all poofs!

Just ignore the basstuds, K8AD. ;)

tony draper
26th Oct 2001, 13:19
Bloody hell a female Macum, say no more, ;)