PDA

View Full Version : Des O'Driscoll Memorial Fly-in

Pilotette
18th Sep 2009, 14:04
Passing on for a friend:

Pinaroo: Sat 26th Sept 9am
Hosted by the Southern Mallee Flying Club. 9.00 am arrival, for viewing and sharing memorabilia for a book compilation. Please bring any photos and colourful stories you may recall of experiences with Des O’Driscoll. Copying facilities will be available for immediate return of photos etc. Light luncheon catered by Border Model Flyers. Located at Des O’Driscoll aerodrome, Pinnaroo SA. Contacts: David Lloyde 0417 081 773; Darryl Briscoe 0427 408 093 and Trevor Wurfel-08 8272 9742. RSVP by 22 September to David Lloyde for catering purposes.

aseanaero
19th Sep 2009, 07:11
Des O'Driscall ... that's a name I haven't heard for a while , he was a top bloke :ok:

Baldnfat
25th Sep 2009, 06:07
I can't believe it has been ten years already since Des passed away. There have been countless occasions when I have been grateful for the high standard to which he taught me. When I am instructing I only hope to acheive the same.

He was the greatest teacher of all things flying and also taught me a lot about life.

I can't make it on Saturday but Dad is going for me. Des did his commercial and he retired after 8 thousand odd hours with no safety related accidents/incidents.

Safe flying to all those attending. Best wishes to Fiona and family.