PDA

View Full Version : vat proof

jumbojet
17th Sep 2009, 22:05
Hi Guys.
Anybody know of the situation regarding proof of vat paid, as I am just about to buy a dutch reg machine. Its being sold as vat free, after 2 private owners. Do you need to carry proof of vat payment, as I remember stories of the like years ago, with peoples planes being impounded till payment or proof was supplied.
jumbo

debiassi
17th Sep 2009, 23:14
The aircraft needs to have a C88 form or EU equivalent. Dont take anyones word for it, even if they are prepared to write it on the invoice because if you purchase the aircraft, then the onus is on you to prove that the aircraft has free circulation within the EU. If you need any assistance, contact Frank Hanssen at Opmas, he will advise you how to proceed.

adv
20th Sep 2009, 17:41
I found it difficult to obtain a C88 or similar for an aircraft that was in free circulation prior to VAT being introduced. It was imported in 1967 and never left but UK HMCE won't issue a C88 retrospectively. The aircraft used to be G reg but is N reg now and I use the old CAA certificates to prove it was in free circulation prior to VAT. HTH.