PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Cabin crew Suicide

puff m'call
17th Sep 2009, 18:25
Have you heard about the Grade2 named Ismail who jumped off the building 5days ago? He lived in the next building to a friend of mine and they took transport together quite often and even did a flight together in july.

There many police outside of the building they thought it was a fight or something but then dicovered it was this young man who committed suicide. He was only 22. such a young life…. really sad.

Dick and Jane
17th Sep 2009, 20:17
I think you're more sad by posting this on the internet.

EGGW
18th Sep 2009, 00:38
Posted after a few beers eh Puff me old china :=

EGGW

Bandit FO
18th Sep 2009, 04:22
This place can drive anyone to madness, but a big plunge might be a bit over the top. EK do offer help for depression and drunk posting, through HR.

nolimitholdem
18th Sep 2009, 05:44
Why is it sad to post this on the internet? The event itself is tragic, and unfortunately not totally uncommon amongst EK crew. Perhaps we should be examining what compelled this poor young man to end his life, not worrying about posting the information.

It's not like Emirates will be decent about it and publish condolences, it doesn't exactly fit the "protect the brand" strategy or assist recruiting, now does it?! Most crew I've spoken with are well aware of it anyhow, bad news traveling fastest.

Up to here
18th Sep 2009, 09:35
You are actually incorrect nolimitholdem, condolences have been published where they belong; on the Cabin Crew portal. No need to bash EK all the time.

mensaboy
18th Sep 2009, 10:06
There is nothing wrong with making that post Puff. If anything, being aware of such a sad event might make some of us reconsider the stresses that other people have in their lives.

puff m'call
18th Sep 2009, 15:03
Thank's for the intelligent posts.
After all this is the middle east, cabin crew or not.:ugh:

GoreTex
18th Sep 2009, 22:07
thanks for the info puff, didnt know about it
tex

nolimitholdem
19th Sep 2009, 02:50
You are actually incorrect nolimitholdem, condolences have been published where they belong; on the Cabin Crew portal. No need to bash EK all the time.

I would submit that condolences belong where all colleagues can view them. As much as Emirates tries to cultivate an "us vs. them" attitude in the cabin crew, I think ALL employees feel the loss when something like this happens.

So yeah I DO "bash" EK on this one for preaching teamwork and CRM and then acting like only CC would care that one of their own was killed.

pintofstella
21st Sep 2009, 04:20
Just to be 100% accurate he did not jump he fell from the 4th floor whilst cleaning the outside of his apartment windows. Was in LHR when it occurred with his very good friend. They been telling him for ages about not hanging on to his balcony. Great shame for a young guy.