PDA

View Full Version : Air Defence Over London

Follow Me Through
1st Oct 2001, 23:53
Not sure if this has been raised earlier. However, anyone take an estimated guess how long it would take to scramble AD assets to the London skyline?

sangiovese
2nd Oct 2001, 01:00
In light of recent circumstances mate, do you really think this will get an answer?

How do we know 'Follow Me Through' is not a pseudonym for Osama and his cronies. Engage brain before typing........

Follow Me Through
2nd Oct 2001, 01:35
Not intended as info forum for Os and his cronies! Just a reasonable question regarding our ability to avoid something similar. As AD assets, both bases and aircraft, are common knowledge I am interested to know how quickly the UK can do anything if someone takes a pop at our capital!

Given the planning that obviously went into the attrocities 'stateside' do you think working this out would be beyond them Sangiovese? Time/speed/distance?

Tonkenna
2nd Oct 2001, 01:46
If its that easy then me old, why bother to ask the question?

Tonks

Bervie
2nd Oct 2001, 02:16
Probably best that only those that need to know actually do know the answer to your question and in my opinion thats the way it should stay (more punctuation required.....need to breath!)

fobotcso
2nd Oct 2001, 02:22
Sangiovese would appear to be a bear of very little brain indeed! Either that or (s)he is imbibing too much of the stuff from which (s)he draws that name.

It was not a "reasonable question" and no-one should express their "interest" in such matters in this anonymous Forum, that is read all around the World, unless their motives are sinister.

If OBL and his henchmen could work out the answer to the question (and I have no doubt that they have done so based on the knowledge they possess), (s)he should be able to as well. But it has no relevance here in this time of impending conflict.

If we are going to get these mischievous posts from attention seekers or from the malicious, I believe there must now be a strong case for a Moderator - at least temporarily for the next 6-12 months.

Jackonicko
2nd Oct 2001, 02:23
The DTel reported today that Brighton was being defended by jet fighters from nearby RAF fighter airfields.....

Tangmere? Biggin Hill? Middle Wallop? Hawkinge? etc. etc. etc.

Min Decent Ht
2nd Oct 2001, 02:35
Why don't we get Maverick to defend blighty?
He would be supersonic and there in 30 seconds.....

TimC
2nd Oct 2001, 02:40
Topper Harley gets my vote :D.