PDA

View Full Version : Serial port driver

Cornish Jack
16th Sep 2009, 21:17
Help!!!
I've just done a full reload of my XP setup and everything went back as required apart from a missing driver for the Serial port. I need it to allow the weather station to display on screen. The file needed is NmXpMf.inf and I can't find it on the computer. A Google search produces several download sites apparently offering it 'For free' but with the usual convoluted EULA contract which is highly suspect. Does anyone know where I can obtain said file as a straightforward download, please?
TIA

frostbite
16th Sep 2009, 21:34
Perhaps Driverguide.com? DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) (http://www.driverguide.com/)

(not used it for ages)

Saab Dastard
16th Sep 2009, 21:57
Surely the serial port drivers are default drivers shipped with XP?

My serial ports (on 2 computers) both have the following drivers, both from MS:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\serenum.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\serial.sys

SD

Cornish Jack
16th Sep 2009, 22:05
Thank you Frostbite - did the signup etc but 'nothing found'. This particular driver (or the lack of it) seems to be causing problems for a number of people.
Still hoping:{

Cornish Jack
16th Sep 2009, 22:11
SD - Thank you also but the difficulty is that this 'pooter' has NO native Serial port - I had to add a PCI card to provide it. The card came with an installation disk or CD for initial installation and it will(no doubt) still be amongst the vast numbers of such things 'put away safely' ... but where?:{

srobarts
16th Sep 2009, 22:27
A stab in the dark but the file your are looking appears to be needed by a NetMos PCI card. If you can find the model number of the car on the card then you could download the driver set for that model. This site :: Welcome To Moschip :: (http://www.moschip.com/pepc.php) might be able to help.

Cornish Jack
17th Sep 2009, 09:11
Thank you srobarts - You're quite right but, unfortunately, my attempts to create an account to enable a download have failed :ugh::ugh:
Will have to keep trying but it's very frustrating:mad:

Avtrician
17th Sep 2009, 09:31
Try here, http://www.hclub.ee/download/varia/Driver/PCI_IO/9835_MIO/WinXP/NmXpMf.inf

seems to work.

Cornish Jack
17th Sep 2009, 11:29
Avtrician - Brilliant!!:D:D EXACTLY what was needed. I did (after MUCH 'net chasing') get the Moschip sight to provide the necessary also but your source is SO much simpler:ok:
Being nosey, how did you get there?
It certainly didn't appear on any of the Google searches I did.
Anyway, many thanks for the link and hits head to remind self to SAVE the driver for future reference.
Apropos which, there was once available a freebie download which collected all the drivers installed and saved them to a single file for future reference. Anyone any pointers, please?

Avtrician
17th Sep 2009, 13:42
I did just that, it was the second or third choice. Sometimes simple works.