PDA

View Full Version : HAAMC Interview and position

FRQ Charlie Bravo
16th Sep 2009, 12:50
Hi PPRuNers,

I'd like to pick the brain of any pilots out there who have found themselves going up as HAAMC lately. I specify pilots because that's how I will be judged when I do just that in the near future.

I'm confident that I'll be able to manage the paperwork and planning behind our aeroplanes' airworthiness issues but I am not sure how to convince a CASA LAME. Not only that but once in the role I don't want to cock it up.

Please feel free to PM if you like but I'm sure that other would like to read it as well. Thanks in advance,

~FRQ CB

XanaduX
16th Sep 2009, 12:58
And HAAMC is ....?

the air up there
16th Sep 2009, 12:59
Head Aircraft Airworthiness Maintainence Control

the wizard of auz
16th Sep 2009, 14:18
My HAAMC approval consisted of an interview. a few questions about how I would manage AD's and keep on top of SB's. How I intended to make sure the maintenance facility I intended you use met the CASA requirements for my organization. How I would handle scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. How I would identify requirements for class A and class B maintenance schedules. a little bit of a verbal exam on the regs and what would be applicable in my organization, and a couple of scenarios. all done in a couple of hours. Basically, know your regs and maintenance requirements and you should be alright.

Horatio Leafblower
16th Sep 2009, 23:21
Mine was the same as Wiz's.

Your Maint procedures etc should be outlined in your Ops Manual... know how that works and you should be right.

I actually found the AI giving helpful suggestions on how to cover off a couple of extra things :eek:

megle2
3rd Mar 2015, 05:18
An old thread, much changed since then
I heard that the AI are somewhat more intense these days and like to see some form of evidence that the HAAMC is fulfilling the role