PDA

View Full Version : Stansted baggage delays this morning?

Evanelpus
15th Sep 2009, 14:50
Went to collect some friends from Satnsted this morning. They came back with ECA from Paphos and, according to the TV screen in arrivals, landed at 09.51. At exactly the same time another ECA aircraft arrived from Heraklion.

By 10.35 the baggage from both these flights were not even showing as waiting, let alone in the baggage hall. Flights that landed after these were showing that their luggage was in the baggage hall before the two ECA flights, anyone have any reasonable suggestions why this would be.

It also hacked me off because I only planned to stay in the car park for an hour (which at £4 is daylight robbery) but ended up just making the next pay band by five minutes (£7).

Another question, whose cars fill up the car parks directly outside the terminal? They were all showing full so I had to go right down to the end (green car park I think). Couldn't have been meeters and greeters as I was one of about 10 people waiting for arrivals to come out.

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
15th Sep 2009, 17:04
smacks of a staff shortage with the loading teams in whichever handling agent is employed by said airline.
If this is the case and they are short then the handling agent prioritises departures for staff over arrivals.
Not sure of the service level agreement BAA has with the agent concerned at STN, but at LGW, it was 1 hour chocks to last bags delivered. Any longer and without a valid excuse the handling agent gets fined. Try getting in contact with BAA or the handling agent if you can find out which one it is for your money.
Not sure about airside road layout at STN but if the aircraft was remote parked, then the loading team may have been stuck, waiting to cross taxiways whilst other aircraft are moving about.