PDA

View Full Version : Airlink Pay increase

titaniumspoon
15th Sep 2009, 08:03
I hear the new airline union Solidarity, has agreed to a little tip increase for SA Airlink pilots. They would very likely have got MORE by doing no talks at all!
If only they had never left ALPA, they would certainly have a much bigger salary today. Look what Comair and SAX and for that matter SAA, (who are still underpaid by 15% compared to equal competitors worldwide) get in return for their qualification/experience/responsibility! ALPA would have guaranteed them AT LEAST ~ 'PARITY' with other South African operators doing the same work!:D:D:D

cforty7
15th Sep 2009, 09:34
Are you trying to advertise ALPA? This is a terrible thread starter. Get to know the 2 unions first and find out which is the old one.

It seems you just want conversation. :rolleyes:

newcrew
15th Sep 2009, 10:03
so what increase did SAA, COMAIR, SAX, ONE TIME GET VS AIRLINK?

sky waiter
15th Sep 2009, 13:29
Yes i would also like to know what the comparisons are - AFAIK any increase currently is a good increase, but maybe thats just me....

kleintjie
15th Sep 2009, 20:58
i'm sorry - all i heard was bitch bitch moan bitch bitch.

exactly as has been previously said - the world is in a recession - i can count the guys on two hands who have lost jobs that i know of...and you are bitching about this and that. go fly contract mate if you want more money. it's actually not that bad.

reptile
16th Sep 2009, 05:55
Fact is that SAX got a 13.8% increase compared to Link's 7.7% increase.

Going only on that, I think ALPA is doing a much better job than Solidarity.:ok:

Avi8tor
18th Sep 2009, 07:11
This debate about ALPA vs Solidarity is kinda silly. Its about the boys and girls on the coal face standing together against the bean counter types.

The union is the rank and file, not the umbrella organisation.

Skaz
28th Nov 2009, 19:24
Whats the payrate per hour for PIC and SIC on the Q? years 1 - 5, if you guys have such a scale..thanks

nugpot
29th Nov 2009, 07:27
Airlink does not operate the Q, SA Express does. Their salary scales are obviously not going to be posted on this forum, but SA Express pays all their pilots a monthly salary, irrespective of the hours flown.