PDA

View Full Version : EK "High value" customer

tezzer
15th Sep 2009, 06:31
Apologies for busting into the forum, but did an EK flight or two yesterday, and the second flight was virtually empty in J.

So, I went to pass some time in the galley talking to the crew, and on the wall was a printout with my details on with "High Value Customer" or something.

Apart from the obviuos, what does it mean in real terms ?

Sheikh Your Bootie
15th Sep 2009, 07:22
You said it Habibi, you are recognised by the company as a frequent flyer, or maybe a Skywards member, so the crew should make that extra special effort with you :hmm: They might know your preferred drink. Best one i saw recently was, Muslim meal, preferred drink Champagne :E:E:E

SyB :zzz:

MarcelDXB
15th Sep 2009, 08:33
All Skywards Silver and Gold are listed as High Value Customer. The data for that is taken out of the Skywards CRM system. Airlines are not allowed to use the general PNR data for commercial purposes. This is why airlines offer frequent flyer perks. You basically sign your life of to the airline in return for free tickets and premium service.

VideoAnimal
15th Sep 2009, 12:20
"high value" customer probably means you will get an edible meal!!

parabellum
15th Sep 2009, 13:02
Interesting isn't it, I was a Silver customer with Emirates until I didn't book a flight with them for a year or two so I then got downgraded, pissed me off so booked J class with SIA and got a fully lay down bed seat instead of the F class rubbish that Emirates were offering at the time. Tried to use my airmiles with Emirates to purchase stuff from their shop, only to find that unless I took delivery in Dubai the 'postage' etc. was more than the value of the items ordered.

Don't rate Emirates very highly.

iraqi
15th Sep 2009, 16:19
I am a gold member... I always make sure I fly Emirates if possible... simply because of their professional crew both in the cockpit and in the cabin.

tezzer
15th Sep 2009, 16:24
I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed that all silvers and above are high valued !

Should there be very high value for those of us who have had to fly 150,000 + miles on EK so far this year, and even mre than that on KLM !

Have to agree though they DO make an extra effort, and make a lng boring two sector journey agreeable.

nolimitholdem
15th Sep 2009, 16:32
Nope, I think parabellum has it right. Emirates service is good compared to a North American domestic carrier but it has more hype than substance. They are very proud of their brand while at the same time they're taking every step to diminish it, between cost-cutting and demoralizing their employees.

Like catering Business or First with the same name number of meals as pax, to save money. "I'm sorry sir, although we appreciate you spending $6,000 on your ticket, we can't offer you your choice of meal, since we had to save the 3 dirhams that it cost to prepare in Dubai!".

Emirates is just like Dubai, over-hyped, trendy, and selling mediocrity for the price of excellence. The world has figured this out about Dubai, and will eventually about Emirates, and no amount of money thrown at sailing teams/football teams/buying positive ink will change that. Quality and the lack thereof is like the truth, it may take a long time but eventually it always comes out.

I foresee the day when Dubai will be like every other flavour-of-the-day, and people will squirm with embarassment that they actually thought it was cool...

fliion
16th Sep 2009, 04:14
And you know this how? Are you EK CC