PDA

View Full Version : C200 series A/C hire Moorabbin/Essendon

maus88
15th Sep 2009, 02:39
G'day all,

I've searched Google, these forums and I've tried looking at as many operators at MB websites as possible but still haven't managed to find anything so I'm posting hoping someone might be able to help.

I'm looking to gain some C200 series time before heading up north early next year. Does anyone know of any aircraft available for hire in MB or EN? or surrounds?

I've got 250 hours TT, CPL with MECIR and experience on C150, C152, C172, C177, Diamond DA40's, Piper Warrior, PA28R,Tobago TB10's and BE76.

Thanks,

tmpffisch
15th Sep 2009, 03:09
I can't find any, spent last week looking.

There's one for hire at YSBK (Handel Aviation, though 190hrs/MECIR/50+ multi wouldn't meet their requirements), one at Armidale or Canberra, or at Jandakot.

Question for the board...Is 200 series experience preferable in securing that first CPL job? Or do insurance requirements get met when you're being checked to line?

the air up there
15th Sep 2009, 05:38
tmpffisch, yes you are correct in assuming that your ICUS will cover you for a company's insurance, they obviously won't let you go without meeting them.

However, IMHO i do believe that some exposure to a 200 series aircraft, be it 206 or 210 is beneficial. If two guys rock up with the same amount of time, attitude etc but one guy has 10-15 or 20hrs on type then he is in alot better situation than the other guy. It might make you standout from the other 250 applicants a bit more. So your in the top 100.

200's in essence are not hard to fly, they are easy. But can be a handful for low time guys getting in them for the first time. After 20hrs you'll be ok, 50hrs and your getting ahead of the plane.

Having said that, if you don't have the cash laying around then don't go out and get into debt for it.

Start ringing around now for jobs, send your CV then follow it with a phone call. Don't just assume they got it.

Maus88, if your keen I'll ask a few guys at my company where they got their time and post it if it's helpful.

maus88
15th Sep 2009, 07:57
Thanks The Air Up There, if you wouldn't mind asking how your colleagues got their time on type i'd be really grateful.

tmpffisch I had the same query about whether time on type would get you that elusive advantage and was given a very similar response to that of The Air Up There. As there is a bit of time before the next round of dry season hiring starts again I thought I could grab some time on type as the cash permits.

the air up there
15th Sep 2009, 12:34
maus88, check pm's

White and Fluffy
20th Sep 2009, 01:08
There are a few privately owned C210's floating around EN. I am not sure of their insurance minimums. I would try calling Pearson Aviation, they probably have the most contacts and knowledge in that regards.