PDA

View Full Version : Snappers Low Level Photos Updated

Snapshot
25th Sep 2001, 20:21
Changing the main topic of late!
A little light entertainment, I have updated my Low Level Photograph gallery.
Should be something there for most, Hawks, Tonka's, Harriers, Jags and of course a couple of Bananas!
Some are from OSSEX and Highland Cardinal Ex's in LFA7T back in 1993, if any of you 'older' boys :D were on such ex's, I might have a few photographs of you in the Snapshot vaults
http://members.tripod.co.uk/Buccaneer/aircraft/lowlevel/GR1_17_CI_070794_3A316_N01.jpg
Kind regards
Snappers www.AvCollect.com (http://www.AvCollect.com) www.BlackburnBuccaneer.co.uk (http://www.BlackburnBuccaneer.co.uk)

BEagle
26th Sep 2001, 00:49
Been out with your little aluminium stepladder again, Andy??

Snapshot
26th Sep 2001, 02:33
BEages, just what is your obsession with stepladders? I am sure you must have a part time Saturday job at B&Q :D
Saw on one of those awesome emoticon websites belonging to a PPRuNer about a month ago, a geek+camera+stepladder, wanted to add to my posts but cannot find it now. Anyone?

Not taken any photographs in sticky 'outville' for two years now. Went a few weeks ago but left the ladders firmly packed away as even standing on my own 'plates', my head (thus camera) was above the cloud base :eek:
Shall be there again within the next 14 days, want to bring a jet through? (that would make an interesting shot eh?)
Snap 'B&Q' Shot :D

Had to edit, just noticed, next post, big 200! Got a few to catch you up though BEagle oh great one, mentor and guru!

[ 25 September 2001: Message edited by: Snapshot ]

SPIT
26th Sep 2001, 03:57
sNAPSHOT,
iF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME BRILL PHOTO'S GO TO WWW.AIRSCENE (http://WWW.AIRSCENE) UK.CO.UK And then go to PETER STEENHOWER PAGE ON THE LINKS
:mad: :mad: :D

Snapshot
26th Sep 2001, 04:04
SPIT,
I am familiar with Peter's excellent work, your point is? Also, might I suggest if you wish to advertise his work, you might paste the correct URL? Bit confused with the 'angry stuff' Have I upset you by any chance?

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: Snapshot ]

SPIT
27th Sep 2001, 02:14
Snapshot
If I seemed to be shouting I am very sorry, I am always having trouble with the Caps Lock on this stupid keyboard so once again I apologise. Ref the URL, it is the only URL I seem to have for this site (a very old address).
All the Best
:eek: :eek:

TimC
28th Sep 2001, 03:56
Snaps

I think the website you are looking for is www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk (http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk) . http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/spotter.gif

Nice photos btw :).

Snapshot
28th Sep 2001, 04:06
TimC
You star mate, awesome thank you
Snaps :D

STANDTO
29th Sep 2001, 11:56
Hello snaps

How about another one for the week end?

Love the shot opening this post. Usually it is a fleeting glimpse as one passes at zero feet. Photography captures the precision of the whole thing.

Top job. Hope business is booming

Snapshot
29th Sep 2001, 12:15
STANDTO
Thanks for your comments and ‘No’, I have not forgotten your photograph (honest). Had a few things demanding 100% the last few months. Shall sort it soon.
As for the Weekend Comp… It sort of ran its course, less and less responded and I needed a way of deciding a winner, which should have been a PPRuNers vote or something like that. It would have been cool to give away a free photograph, but as I said, not enough interest. Also had some divvy start slagging the photographs off so I thought enough.
Shall add a few here and there but to be honest, you are the only one to mention this (I did wonder if anyone would ask where it had gone) so I guess I had my answer L Ha! Trust you are well mate?
Snappers http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/spotter.gif Cool StopStart!! :D

STANDTO
29th Sep 2001, 20:41
Blimey, I had forgotten all about that. If its any consolation, I have had a rather fraught few months as well!!

Sorry to see you didn't get much support for a re run, but the odd unexpected one when you get a gem would be appreciated.

Careful up those ladders, now!

Standto

Rusty Cessna
30th Sep 2001, 21:29
Snaps,

It still amazes me how:

a) you get so close

and

b) how you do it!

Excellent work..

Rusty

Snapshot
30th Sep 2001, 21:35
Thanks Rusty,
The one above I took in 1993, used VERY big ladders (So BEagle says anyway) :D
As long as people want to see em, I'll keep posting them! Look out for the Snapshot Calendar!
Snaps

BEagle
30th Sep 2001, 22:27
Is your calendar going to be sponsored by British Aluminium then, eh Snappers??

I guess the secret is location, location, location. Plus some very long lenses with large aperture, very, very quick motor drive....and a little aluminium stepladder or two!! What are you shooting at? 300mm at 1/1000 and f 5.6 ish on ISO 400?? On the top rung???

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]

Snapshot
30th Sep 2001, 22:58
Dearest BEages, apart from having a few glasses of my fav South African red this evening, your post has been the most entertaining for some time, thanks for raising my spirits oh guru.
I assume you know a thing or two about photography? So you'll know that the answer to each of your suggestions is 'almost' the oppostite'! Cheers mate ;)
Snappers

BEagle
30th Sep 2001, 23:20
YarpRouge - not a bad drop, I guess!

Yes, location is certainly one thing, but there is no way the 'point, squirt, keep the button pressed and trust to the motor drive and the fully auto programme' brigade can compose or achieve that sort of clarity and quality! That was just banter, mon brave - nice piccies!

One decent lens, some skill with manual focusing (auto is way too slow) and (at 35mm anyway) keep the shutter speed less than the focal length in speed priority mode with a tweak to the aperture was all I ever did. As well as having a lot of luck! But I preferred air-to-air rather than ground (or stepladder!)-to-air. Which reminds me - those bug gers from Airfix pinched my 'Armoured Charmer' Gulf War air-to-air shot for the Tornado GR1 plastic kit box and I never saw a pig's blister for it! They must have sold a few by now!!

Snapshot
2nd Oct 2001, 04:28
BEagle,
I would get onto Airfix mate, stuff em for copyright. Did you ever see Ronald Wong's original painting of The 'Charmer'? Very nice. I would have thought they would have used one of my Banana shots for their bucc kit but I keep waiting for the phone call ;)

I prefer air-air of course (much more fun) but for aircrew, I KNOW, they would prefer a LL photograph to grace their Baron Von Crapper room!

Liked the bit about 'Steps to air' shots. Imagine that as a headline on aircraft illustrated. "LATEST STEPS (TOP RUNG) TO AIR EXCLUSIVE" :D
Snapshot

PFR
6th Oct 2001, 14:39
Dear Snapshot & `Sir Beagle' (seems appropriate in such honoured company),
Just a quick word to say enjoyed the banter & for one `are' well pleased to see your snaps, with or without ground to air step ladders. As you may remember snapper, if I may, from early correspondence I appreciate the art form , sadly never quite reached the standards of your magnificent work.....(more's the pity I might have made my fortune....)
So, more snaps the better as fas as I'm concerned. Cheers, PFR :D

BEagle
6th Oct 2001, 17:39
Hi Snaps! Yes- I would have thought a good Gulf piccie would have been appropriate for the Bucc kit box-top.

My first Airfix Buccaneer was, in fact, still called NA-39!! And I dropped the damn thing when trying to paint it - true to Buccaneer construction standards, it survived more or less intact - except for the radome which I never found again.

BTW - have you got any Gulf air-to-airs of the Bucc? I think I've still got some somewhere; is there a commercial process available to transfer 35mm slides to photo-CD anywhere??

Snapshot
6th Oct 2001, 18:28
BEagle,
Have mailed to your private address