PDA

View Full Version : Incredible customer service from David Clark!

R44-pilot
14th Sep 2009, 15:43
Just gotta post and say what an excellent service I have just had from David Clark....

I recently lost the lead to plug external electronic devices into the headset, (phone/ipod/mp3 etc etc).

I dropped them an email asking where I could pick one up from, i.e were there any UK dealers that did them as spares? Emailed back within an hour saying one is in the post to me free of charge! :eek:

Amazing service and i'm sorry to say a service that I have never had matched for anything in the UK as of yet....:(#

Excellent job done thanks!

widgeon
14th Sep 2009, 16:15
Here is a similar simulated response from an unnamed Helicopter OEM.

"Sorry you'll have to buy the next higher assembly we don't stock this part send me a PO and I will ship it out of our Timbuktu warehouse tonight"

5 days later follow up call to Customer support , " Oh Yeah , turns out it was not on the shelf after all , didnt you get the Acknowlegement mailed to you yesterday giving new delivery date "

25 weeks later after they have missed the ship date " Sorry the SAP system deleted your order , hey we now have the part you initially wanted on the shelf can you send me a revised PO "

Location changed to protect the guilty.

Gordy
15th Sep 2009, 02:36
I too have had excellent service from DC. About 5 years ago I dropped my DC headset and broke the head band...I had owned it 7 years and worn it 5 days a week...(warranty had long since expired). I sent it back along with my credit card number and asked for "expedited service: as I was a working pilot. They sent me a BRAND new one, the latest model by Fedex overnight---here is the best bit--NO CHARGE. Not only do they have the best quality, but also the best customer service.

Gomer Pylot
15th Sep 2009, 03:32
I have to agree that David Clark has the best customer service I've ever encountered. Every contact I've had with them over the past 40 or so years has been completely positive, and I've never heard a single story with a bad experience. You usually hear the occasional disgruntled customer complaining about something, but I've never heard one complaint about their customer service.

R44-pilot
15th Sep 2009, 07:02
So glad it wasnt a one off experience! I heard great things about there customer sevice, they use it as a sales pitch and completely deserve to in my opinion....

I am curious as to what company the second post is :oh:

carsickpuppy
15th Sep 2009, 07:14
I agree, excellent customer service and quality. Briefly tried another brand, but sent that back and am comfortably satisfied with the DC.

R44-pilot
16th Sep 2009, 07:25
Well fantasic is not the word! My replacement lead has just turned up before 9.00am all the way from the States!

Only ordered it at 14.00 local on Monday!:eek:

Perfect, will continue to use DC in the future.

Well done DC

lelebebbel
19th Sep 2009, 00:24
I bought a used 56HXL from a private pilot. It had the original noise cancelling unit on it which ran on 4 AA batteries.
It worked fine but sometimes produced scratchy noise on one side.

I sent it to DC to have it readjusted. The replaced the whole ENC unit with a brand new current (9V battery) model free of charge, even though I wasn't the original owner.

It's been working perfect ever since. Its not as sleek as the Bose X or Lightspeed Zulu, but I know it will outlast me and I will always have perfect customer service should I need it.

HELOFAN
20th Sep 2009, 09:58
My mum gave me my dads headset after he died and I started using it when I first started flight training.
When I got into helicopters I wanted to buy a new one and only use dads for special flights but with cost of a new one I decided to use dads till I can afford a new fancy noise cancelling jobby. (still cant afford it LOL)

Sadly the set started playing up was having issues receiving and transmitting so I decided to get it fixed if it was possible rather than spend more money than I could really afford.
So I contacted DC & they said send it in and they will look at it.

A few days after sending it in I got a call from the tech department advising me that it will need pretty much everything replaced minus the cups ( which was fine because the old man had engraved his name on them ).

They said this was the second eldest headset they have ever come back to the factory.
The first one is in a glass display case... it was made in 1976.

It had some pretty old technology (mic, speakers, cable..was a curly but over the years turned into a 6 ft straight cord)

They said they only started to keep records after 1978 and pretty sure this one was from 1976-78 but they cant confirm exactly when it was manufactured.

Anyhoo, they said that they would refurbish it for $160 parts only and no charge on the labor as they were pretty excited to see this old girl come in.

It came back a few days later looking pretty spic and span & have had no problem with it.

With service like that I won't be go anywhere else in the future.

HF

Heli-Ice
20th Sep 2009, 15:52
Great to hear!

I have a H10-13 set and it works beautifully.

Do you know if DC has a replacement communication sets for helicopter helmets?

heliboy999
15th Jan 2010, 19:55
Its not often that I am impressed enough to put finger to keyboard but today I received a package in the post.

I sent my 3 year old set of David Clarke H56 XL headset away for repair when the left ear speaker stopped working a few weeks ago to Headset services at Shoreham. No questions, no quibbles and not only did they replace the inards of the earcup and tested the other ear,they also replaced the Head band, the Gel filled earpads, the foam inserts and the Microphone cover. No Charge at all!

The 5 year guarentee is a real guarentee! Well Done David Clarke and well done Headset services :ok:

HB999

TipCap
15th Jan 2010, 19:59
Yes they did the same for me with my David Clark a few years back - and mine wasn't even bought in the UK

John

IntheTin
16th Jan 2010, 02:33
Does David Clark have a specific repair place in the UK? Does anyone have an email address if they do please.

Ta :ok:

rotorfan
16th Jan 2010, 05:14
R44-pilot said "Incredible customer service from David Clark!"

Nope, that's not incredible at all, that's routine for DC.:ok: It's interesting to me that they "no charge" so many repairs, even out of warranty, instead of soaking the customer like most businesses do. Has it hurt them? From the posts, it looks like they have many very loyal customers, including me. It seems that more companies might do well to take on that business model.

valve guide
16th Jan 2010, 08:02
I bought an old R44 Astro which had DC headsets in the front. One of them had an intermittent fault. Sent it back to DC to be told the headset was fine and it must be the connection on the heli. 2 days later they sent me a brand new Raven II, now thats service.:)

Seriously great to hear such good reports, wonder if Bose are the same?

toptobottom
16th Jan 2010, 11:14
I use Bose X and they're excellent headsets, if a little fragile. However, it seems the customer service isn't a patch on DC. Last summer, I inadvertantly crushed a pair behind the electric seat in my car, breaking the headband. The first problem was trying to find the repair facility, the next problem was the quote - over £120!!

heliboy999
16th Jan 2010, 13:30
Inthetin.

Headset dservices at Shoreham are the Authorised repairers for the UK.

Headset Services Limited (HSL) (http://www.headsetservices.com/)

HB999

IntheTin
17th Jan 2010, 02:44
Thanks Heliboy

Just bought a 10-66xl brand new and boxed up from fleaBay for $500. :ok: