PDA

View Full Version : ATPL(H) question bank

Yabadoo
14th Sep 2009, 14:46
Hi,

I am currently studying for my ATPL(H) bridge exam. Four exams covering Principles of Flight, Ops proc. , Performance and a composite paper consiting of questions from AG, Air Law, W&B etc.

I have been recomended to subscribe to Bristol Ground Schools database of JAA exam questions, but from what I can tell from visiting the website and doing the 'test' questions, they are all FW related.

Do any of you have experience with other providers that has helicopter related questions in the question bank?

It would help me a lot if I could focus solely on the RW questions. Answering Mach number related questions doesn't seem relevant;-)

Many thanks,

Yabadoo

R44-pilot
14th Sep 2009, 14:48

It will be 10 times harder without the question bank!

Alot of the questions are the same as fixed wing, you cant get round it, just have to jump through the hoop.

Pandalet
14th Sep 2009, 14:52
Assuming you are actually writing helicopter-based papers, and not transitional (ie. fixed wing questions), Bristol do have some rotary questions. I'm guessing they haven't gotten around to adding them to the bridging exam section, but you can always look through the ATPL(H) section. Those are certainly helicopter only (although there were still a few out-of-place questions when I last used the bank 8 months ago).

paco
14th Sep 2009, 15:05
try easy-atpl - they have heli questions and are cheaper. Depending on your circumstances, I would recommend hitting the data bank quite close to the exams. Your level of knowledge should then pick up the mistakes, as none are perfect.

if you want some more study material, try Professional Helicopter Pilot Studies (http://www.electrocution.com/aviation/#CPLH). It's most of our ATPL(H) course notes published as a book.

Phil