PDA

View Full Version : Jetalliance Interview

spoolup
13th Jul 2007, 18:26
Hi everyone,

I have a JetAlliance interview next week and was wondering if anyone had an idea what to expect. (ATPL questions, sim, psych review, chief interview - anything else?)

Does anyone know what they are hiring in now (a/c, left/right seat?)

I also heard there's been a pay raise, what is it now?

Thanks in advance.

Silverspoonaviator
14th Jul 2007, 06:15
They count your arms and legs, and if the total is 4 you are employable.

seriously, with these companies needing to get 12 mth visas for Russia. There is a need for an aids test, as the 12 mth visa, (often) requires a recent aids test. This is to balance the flow of aids into and out of russia.....

EMB170
14th Jul 2007, 10:34
This medical applies to the Russian consulat in vienna. If you apply for the same visa in London you won't need the test.

As the previous guy said ,they are quiet desperate for people, but if you have 1500hrs or more you stand a seriously good chance as you will get upgrade to command very quickly on the citation fleet, except the ,650 and 750.

Some ATPL questions, maybe a sim check, but not motion simulator it's some fixed based thing, based on an old citation.

But be aware, not everything that shines is gold!

Good luck

Itswindyout
14th Jul 2007, 15:13
Include Paris, and Dubai....plus any more...?

SussexBroker
16th Jul 2007, 21:10
Jet Alliance has high turnover of staff in their sales, ops and probably their crew, additionally two members of the board were immediately dismissed earlier this week and no real reasons given. This was information sent directly from JA to me in an information from the management so it is correct and not just hearsay. Whilst JA are a large company, they have quite a bit of disorganisation and in my opinion right through the entire company. If I am honest, the company has a huge fleet so they are difficult to ignore and prices and service are good when they get going on the right road, the annoyance is that their staff need to be puppy walked and triple checked to ensure things are done properly. As for their crew, any contact I've had with them has been positive.

RJ71
8th Jul 2008, 06:31
Anyone done an interview for Jetalliance in Vienna? :}

happyjack
8th Jul 2008, 09:38
Wouldn't bother. Just dicked me around for weeks after, saying I have a job with them then said NO! Utter Pr**ks! :mad:

aviatn
8th Jul 2008, 16:19
Hey "happy jack"
Would you mind sharing your experiences you have had with them?
Would be much appreciated.
Thanks

aviatn
8th Jul 2008, 16:22
Hi,
has anyone been intervied recently?
Could you supply and shed some light as to their process?
Thanks

TWOTBAGS
8th Jul 2008, 21:07
I had a similar experience with JA as Happyjack.

Traveled to VIE on short notice at my expense, interview is straight forward, ATPL Questions, Mathematical reasoning, a little bit of psycho babble and a sim ride down town in a Citation type of thing, usual thing, radial chase, unusual attitudes, and an approach.

After all that I was offered a position on a Fat Citation to be based in southern Germany…… well, all details were passed, TSA blah blah, and then it went quiet. Fleet chief uncontactable endlessly, and I smelt a rat.

As it turns out the plane was to be managed by them, however they never got the job nor did they have the courtesy to say that they rescinded the offer.

Fast forward 9 months and they got back to me offering the privilege of a Command on the CJ1, all at my expense and non commuting so move the family to VIE, no guarantee of progression to the bigger machines.

Errr no thanks. I had a much better job both lifestyle and financial by then.

It appears that like all Austrian companies I have had to deal with they want everything for nothing at the expense of the expendables.

Having chatted to a few of their crews downstream it appears that it is a very mixed bag of personalities and operations.

Be careful what you wish for you may just get it, you have been warned:E

happyjack
9th Jul 2008, 11:05
Yes that just about sums it up as Twotbags says.
No info from the management and always saying they will call back and then don't. Not at all impressed at the 1st level and have no desire to find out how bad when it's too late at 2nd or 3rd level.
Be very careful!

CaptainProp
9th Jul 2008, 16:03
I can only second the last two posts I'm afraid.... Had a pretty unprofessional treatment by them as well.

CP

lemay
12th Jul 2008, 13:04
Although not recently, I've been in Vienna for an interview in 2007. Mr. H........., the chief pilot of the fleet I applied for (he isn't there any longer), was so eager to see me, that I agreed on taking an expensive flight within a few days after he had called me.

Written paper and pencil tests, a psycho-questionnaire, an actual interview with an (retired) Austrian Air Force psychologist or physician, a SIM-screening in a Citation-like device (located in the Austro Control ATC facility downtown) with departures and some SE-approaches out of Graz and an interview with Mr. H. again.
Besides the fact that they never paid for any expenses, they took me + another applicant by car to the SIM and left us there with less than 1h to catch a flight back home.
After a multitude of attempts to reach them I received a mail, indicating that I haven't passed the test. After asking what part of it, they replied that the psychologist had objections to me being hired...

Whatever.

I suppose that there may be '50 ways to leave your lover', but there certainly is only one way to treat applicants who make the effort to come to an assessment: with due respect.

RJ71
13th Jul 2008, 04:38
This doesnt sound good at all... ive got an expensive and long flight to get there... Hope things have improved... thanks for the input though...:hmm:

happyjack
13th Jul 2008, 17:06
If you want my advice don't pay for it. If they want you they will pay. They have too much of a history of playing people. Imagine paying all that and then never getting an answer. You will kick yourself as I did.

Fitter Hotel
13th Jul 2008, 17:51
Well gys, of cours all this what is mentioned above is too bad, but... I paid for my travel too, I got the job and I even dont remember if I got the money back. But I dont care. I dont know, how much I paid, 300, 400, 500 Euro??? But it was worth to spend that money. At least on the long range you get your roster latest on the 20th for the next month and its fixed. Extra days are payed (not like Globaljet), allways nice hotels, internet is paid on the road, everyone has a company fon and a CC plus you can get a downpayment - so no reason to spend your own money, no questions if from time to time you do your private laundry in the hotel, most of the time you can choose the airline you want to travel with...The company is in my opinion not a bad one. There are allways things to complain but they kept all of their promisses. Well you should think, if you really want to join. If yes, pay for it, if not, dont go.
Ah, the things I wrote above is for non Austrian offshore contract...
:oh:

lemay
17th Jul 2008, 14:25
You're right. It's not okay and a few things should be commonsense, like arranging (and paying) travel for an interview. If not, they should re-evaluate whom they invite in the first place. You, as a company, earn money by operating airplanes for paying customers. Selecting people and generating a lot of paper binds your resources for many days. That's a waste time.

You ought to do your homework instead. Look very thoroughly through the applications, maybe conduct a preliminary selection on the phone and then make up your mind and invite only those individuals whom you expect to pass the tests and whom you could imagine to work with in the long run. This should boil down the number to a handful, giving you a choice and some back-up, in case somebody does change his/her mind after the interview.

AGP007
18th Jul 2008, 14:29
Also bear in mind that jetalliance are very much a private operation that have an aoc.

JAR-OPS / EU-OPS is considered entirely optional, which gives great flexibility. However if your licence state of issue is not austria, this could lead to complications.

For example virtually no one in the company has a line check and most of the training requirements are disregarded. No problem for an austrian licence, but other licensing authorities may need more than a free lunch to turn a blind eye.

You would probably get away with it though...but you never know!

Kent BeTrue
19th Jul 2008, 08:16
AGP007

Strange, they have asked for freelance Captains for one aircraft and the first thing they have to do is a line check, before they operate with pax.

They are also paid the going freelance rate for the training day.

Additionally, FTL's are strictly monitored.

Oh, yes.... first post from AGP007, I should know better than to respond!

:ok:

AGP007
19th Jul 2008, 08:51
Kent Betrue

so why did you reply?

interesting you say line check done before carrying pax?

also you imply a days training before carrying pax.

So in a day's training some of the following may have taken place

initial operators CRM
emergency and safety equip training
OPC
line training flights
2 line check sectors, one a PF and one as PNF

if the line check was done before carrying pax, I would say that's unusual for jetalliance as line checks are generally not done.

But if line checks are done, they would certainly not be done on a training flight as that's just plain daft!! line checks and line training is done with pax. To do line training and line checks without pax is not the intention of JAR-OPS / EU-OPS.

Kent BeTrue
19th Jul 2008, 09:11
if the line check was done before carrying pax, I would say that's unusual for jetalliance as line checks are generally not done.

And you know all of the JA fleet intimately......

But if line checks are done, they would certainly not be done on a training flight as that's just plain daft!! line checks and line training is done with pax. To do line training and line checks without pax is not the intention of JAR-OPS / EU-OPS.

For the operations I am aware of, all line checks, on new hires, are done without pax.

My tuppenceworth.

:ok:

C&D
17th Sep 2008, 15:17
Hi Lemay, that sure isn't a nice way to treat someone. I'm thinking about applying for a job at JA so I was wondering if you could give some more info about the tests you did, like what kind of ATPL questions, sim screening, etc... Would really be thankful.

Good luck furter in another interview.:ok:

Soga
14th Jul 2009, 18:55
Dear Drivers,

Few days ago i was invited to attend an interview to JetAlliance, A318 Elite
anyone can tell me some tips about the companie , staff, interview tests etc.
Tanks
Soga

Soga
14th Jul 2009, 18:59
Hi ,

I will be in the next month in Viena for an interview for A318,
Any tips for the interview ? Would be nice
Thank you and Regards
Soga

Der_Fischmeister
14th Jul 2009, 19:40
Well expect Psychologist talking to you.
Atpl Questions,Type specific,all fair.

Guess Interview with Flight Ops Director.
Very friendly,fair.

Interviews Held in Bad Vösslau.

Dont know more ...seriously.

CaptainProp
15th Jul 2009, 09:44
Have you been given a date yet or just a "we'll call you and set the date?". I was contacted for airbus job once. I believe it was a fleet chief that called me. Short interview with questions about my experience, why I wanted to change job etc. At the end of the conversation I was told "Well, this sounds good, you will be contacted by xx who will set a date to come for an interview, should be contacted within 4-6 weeks". I never heard a thing back, ever. I tried to contact 3 different people by email explaining who I was and if they could give some more information. Nothing, nada, niente.

Good luck.

CP

jr of dallas
13th Sep 2009, 15:24
Anyone with an idea of what's in the Jetalliance written test/interview with shrink/ and stimulator ride ?

cheers:8

GLFSTMFIVE
14th Sep 2009, 10:41
JR check your PMs