PDA

View Full Version : ID Travel On AA

LDB
13th Sep 2009, 12:38
Planning a trip to the USA with the wife & kids in October and looking to travel LAX-JFK-SFO ID on AA. Anyone got any idea what it's like trying to get a seat as CX staff? Am I likely to spend all day at the airport waiting for a flight? Any insight appreciated.

AAIGUY
13th Sep 2009, 12:47
Try www.flyzed.com to check loading

the flights depart hourly, I'm sure it will be
fine

I would recommend instead you travel on
United Airlines PS service flights. They are kitted
out B757s with tons of legroom, better service, less seats
etc. Premium service!! Zed fare works fine.

RevMan2
13th Sep 2009, 13:03
amadeus.net gives you a fairly good idea of demand

joejet
13th Sep 2009, 13:45
You can use your AA ID90 tickets on United or any other Zed carrier for the same city pairs. If the non-stops are full, most airlines will re-ticket you through a hub, but then you could get stuck off-line. I frequently use my NW tickets on AA and UAL. It is actually cheaper to buy the AA tickets as the pricing for UAL is higher for the same sector. You should be able to use your JFK tickets also out of LGA and EWR.

The loads are hard to predict. One cancellation and the whole day if full - luck of the draw. The earlier you list on the flight, the better your position with respect to other airline employees and you will always be ahead of any jumpseaters looking for a cabin seat.

Good Luck

LDB
13th Sep 2009, 13:49
Thanks for the info guys

CXChildLabour
13th Sep 2009, 17:14
Get a jetblue ticket dude, if you go ID w/ them you'll be sweating ur balls off till about 3 minutes before departures... make you standby at the gate so by the time they turn you away, you would've missed about 5 flights with other carriers and ponder if you should sleep in the terminal or get a hotel room and go through the same sh*t again in couple hours...

Fl00
13th Sep 2009, 20:34
I can look up exact bookings on AA. Groupwise CRWSTK.
Regards