PDA

View Full Version : More Pay For Pilots!!!!!!

Alfie Stenloop
22nd Sep 2001, 00:45
Rumours are circulating around JHC that if SH Navs are replaced by a quality GPS system the estimated saving could be in the millions. Also some of the money would then go to paying pilots more flying pay thus aiding retention. After a great deal of discussion in the crewroom the following plus points were identified:

1. GPS is more accurate
2. No moaning from the other seat
3. More fuel
4. GPS doesn't work a crew duty time
5. GPS doesn't require a pension
6. GPS won't moan about reduced
levels of flying pay

Any Thoughts??????

[ 21 September 2001: Message edited by: Alfie Stenloop ]

ShyTorque
22nd Sep 2001, 01:18
Keep Navs.

In the event of ditching it reduces the chance of a shark attack on the pilot.

:D

ShyT

Audax
22nd Sep 2001, 10:01
Keep the Navs, after all you can't eat a GPS in a survival situation! :D

Hengist Pod
22nd Sep 2001, 10:49
But GPS doesn't have this desire to shout all the time on intercom, plus it's easier to zero GPS if things go pear-shaped. I've tried zeroing a nav before and things can get messy. Having only GPS will also solve that most common of LHS dilemmas : "Well I think we're here but the GPS thinks we're two miles away." (Usually somewhere across a border of your choosing if it's a Puma.)

Gazelle Tiffy
22nd Sep 2001, 11:08
More pay for Pilots, do be brief. After Pay2000 be a technician and have norman the storeman getting paid more than you !!!!
At least you retained your flying pay, my blokes get no rise from Class 3 to 2 status, and you think you have a problem with retention

Sloppy Link
22nd Sep 2001, 12:50
GPS or Nav, they both have to have information punched into them to work.

pana
22nd Sep 2001, 13:17
GPS, what's that?? :D :D :D

Tonkenna
22nd Sep 2001, 15:04
Don't forget though Sloppy that with GPS you only have to punch the information in once!! :D

Tonks :)

fone_effect
22nd Sep 2001, 23:21
With all that extra wonga you could employ a tart from the NAAFI to make you tea and have change to buy an indian take-away.

Ain't life grand ?

ol_benkenobi
23rd Sep 2001, 04:24
GPS wont trash your callsign but then it can't fill out incident signals either.

WindyMate72
8th Oct 2001, 20:12
I believe that they should remain and that all Navs should be female because you're at least guaranted a decent cup of tea, plus they can keep the front end tidy and make your bed on dets!! :D

Cornish Jack
9th Oct 2001, 11:53
Nice thought, Alfie.. but it'll never work. Where on earth would you find a pilot intelligent enough to operate a GPS... I mean, for goodness sake, it has an ON/OFF switch which has to be moved in the correct direction and there isn't room on pilot's gloves to write THAT reminder as well as the mandatory LEFT and RIGHT!!! :p :p

dwaynedibley
9th Oct 2001, 12:04
Heard the story of a female Lynx Pilot in the emerald toilet who tried to snag a cab as the IFF transponder wouldn't work in the O.F.F. position.

Nice.....

uncle peter
9th Oct 2001, 13:18
not as bad as the instructor at valley who had "breathe in, turn over" on the palm of his glove and "breathe out, turn over" on the flip side...

MG
9th Oct 2001, 23:14
What a ridiculous idea! Who would do all of the planning whilst the pilots sat around the crewroom until briefing time (although with most pilots, there is no such thing as a brief, only a long). AND THEN, who's going to carry the nav bag? I can see the bickering all the way to the cab! (You love me really!!) :D

KentBrockman
12th Oct 2001, 01:51
Wish I had someone to do my planning, map reading, bed making etc. Its a hard life being a real pilot, not half of a circus act. :D

Master baiter
12th Oct 2001, 02:17
GPS gets my vote and it's not an anagram of VAGINAROT!!!

MB :p