PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Hour Military Pilot

jayteeto
16th Oct 2001, 22:00
I know it will embarrass him, but I would like to announce that Rick Head of Vulcan, Bulldog and more recently Rotary fame reached his 10,000 hour mark today. A real character of the old school of aviation who can still keep up with the youngsters!! Rick, well done and roll on the next 10 grand. :D

BEagle
16th Oct 2001, 22:07
Hey Rick - myself and another former 35 Sqn mate of yours with whom I work (Dion H) send congratulations!! I've still got a tape somewhere of a trip we did many years ago; anonymity is guaranteed if the price is right!

EESDL
16th Oct 2001, 22:18
I think he is known as Richard Head if it's the same one that was a QHI at Shawbury '89 ish?
Congratulations....last of a dying breed no doubt.

Tiger_mate
17th Oct 2001, 00:43
embarrass him!

He should be too 5h1tfaced to care ;)

Congratulations Rick, have enjoyed an hour or two with you in Westlands finest and 10k these days is some achievement, the fact that you are a down to earth aviator is a big bonus.

The big V bird is still safe and well at Carlisle

TM

teeteringhead
17th Oct 2001, 22:43
Well done Ric/Richard/Rick. Fine fellow he is - I'm proud to say I've shared some of those hours with him. {And not only rotary ones)

Cheers to the next 10k - I look forward to congratulating you in person when I see you next!

[He IS a ppruner I spose??] :confused:

TimC
17th Oct 2001, 22:56
How many years ago did you reach 10000 hours beags? :D :D :D

BEagle
17th Oct 2001, 23:59
Not me mate! Too much time on pointy things with no range! Think I've got about 8000-ish.

TimC
18th Oct 2001, 00:25
Well thats 7999 more than me then :(.

Thought you'd spent the majority of your time on tin triangles, bulldogs and VC10s ?

:D

Mmmmnice
18th Oct 2001, 22:47
JT - when I mentioned your post to Rick he said that you're a little tinker! Your name also will go on the list. I'll see you next time I'm in the feeder baaaaaaaaaah

Thud_and_Blunder
19th Oct 2001, 02:08
As someone who wasn't a million miles from the West side of 01/19 when Rick had the brain-removal to Rotary, may I add my congrats? My tally's only 8000, but none of them are on autopilot or out of the driver's seat, if that makes any difference...

Might see some old faces next week when I nip up to Salopia for half-term. Must see if that nice Mr Jocelyn will give me a few minutes of his time to speak about life after the Active List.

Well done Rick - may the next 10000 be just as enjoyable.