PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Car Hire in OZ

Aslan
12th Sep 2009, 14:43
Can anybody recommend a hire car company in OZ with the appropriate corporate code (P.M. me as appropriate) for airline crew that gives great rates (all inclusive insurance included)?

Going through the usual car chains everything works out so expensive after incl. the exceptions to the insurance (windscreens, any moving creature after dark, etc) coverage. :(

I've got vacation in OZ coming and would be real appreciative of help. I can offer similar help on a good deal here in Europe (need to be airline crew to qualify).

Thanks
Aslan

parabellum
13th Sep 2009, 05:26
Before I moved here to live I always dealt with Budget and they did give airline discount, sometimes the discount for a long hire , (say six weeks), is better than airline discount. Things to watch, it can be 20% dearer to pick the car up on arrival at the airport with some companies, don't know about Budget these days but may be best to go into town and collect it from the town office, worth checking.

Some companies still want to limit you to 100kms per day and then charge extra for anything over the allowance, allowance negotiable usually, depends on company. They are all on the internet, just don't forget to end the URL with .com.au

bellsux
13th Sep 2009, 07:07
Cheap and good cars with this lot but unfortunately only Perth and Sydney pick up.

Car Hire Sydney - Car Rental Perth - Automobile Hire Sydney (http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/)

bellsux
13th Sep 2009, 07:10
also try

Cheap Car Hire > Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Thrifty > Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne (http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/)

but insurance is extra

Aslan
18th Sep 2009, 12:56
Thanks guys for the info. I'll search away.
cheers
Aslan

VH-XXX
18th Sep 2009, 13:15
Try thrifty 1300 367 227, quote code 4908004508 for discount.

sms777
18th Sep 2009, 13:44
Just flash your pilots licence and mention the name Qantas and you are in for the best discounts i can assure you.
Trust me ... I work for one of them(sorry i can not tell you which)

Hey Driver
18th Sep 2009, 13:58
For a small car in SYD or PER check out bayswatercarrental.com.au
Very efficient, however you have to cab it from the airport.

Aslan
18th Sep 2009, 14:01
thanks for the tip - I'll bear it in mind when in either city.
cheers