PDA

View Full Version : 3 days in Hukou in Hainan

Orangputi
10th Sep 2009, 08:50
3 days in Hukou in Hainan
Hi All just some advise,

I have a 3 day lay over in Hukou Hainan coming up and being a bit partial to the local talent 2 questions.
1 where should I stay 4-5 star hotels are fine?
2 with point 1 in mind what bars should a frequent for a good bunk up and a good drink?

Yours in advance

Orangputi
11th Sep 2009, 07:00
Thanks anyway!
Obviously a nothing place then looking at the lack of response, I will just stay in my room and drink the mini bar dry thanks anyway!

nitpicker330
11th Sep 2009, 07:25
I would dare say that not many of us have been there mate.

I'd say the hotel where they held Miss World? would be ok, looked good on the telli. ( I did see some of the hotel behind the bikkini clad girls !! )

Enjoy, then report back here on how it was.:)

HKPAX
17th Sep 2009, 02:23
There is naff all to do there mate. Less than pristine beach (unsafe to swim I'd say) and takes 30 minutes to cab into what passes for town. Good place for posh weddings at a discount to HK, conferences etc. Me and the missus (at a wedding, not ours) found the only entertainment was to walk up and down the beach and stop at some bamboo cafe/bar and have simple nums and a cold-ish beer. Didn't notice any scantily clad totty lurking around though......this is not Boracay (missus won't go there for that reason). There again you prolly don't get three day layovers in Boracay - nice thought though innit?

ArthurBorges
22nd Sep 2009, 09:19
I thought I had posted something about going to SANYA, which is where all the holidaymakers, foreign and domestic, go.

It's a lovely island.

Hope this post doesn't get deleted too.