PDA

View Full Version : Indian DGCA requirement

glenb
8th Sep 2009, 05:05
I have a student from India trying to ensure he meets all the DGCA requirements.

The form in note 2 asks for.

"Within 6 months

1. General Flying test by day and by night with three solo takeoffs and landings"

i am wondering if any Indian pilot is able to clarify for me what the DGCA requirement is for this part of the form.

Cheers.

divinesoul
8th Sep 2009, 08:58
better post it in the asia forum good number of Indian pilots on there.

cheers.

ZEEBEE
8th Sep 2009, 09:25
I have a student from India trying to ensure he meets all the DGCA requirements.

Forget it!!

It can't be done. For every rule you comply with, they can come up with a new one doubly unintelligible :ugh:.

COCOCHANEL
8th Sep 2009, 10:11
http://www.dgca.nic.in/forms/crew-d/CA40.pdf

I won't have a go at the interpretation of the details, as the DGCA requirements seem to change all the time!

WIKI44
8th Sep 2009, 12:12
Glenb, please check your inbox.

shanx
8th Sep 2009, 19:59
"Within 6 months

1. General Flying test by day and by night with three solo takeoffs and landings"

Hi glenb,

The "General flying test day/night/IR" or GFT required by the DGCA are similar to the CHECKRIDES in the US.

You need to get those forms endorsed by any CFI in the US.

There is nothing like GFT or Skill tests in the USA, and hence the FAA checkrides (Private, Commercial, Instrument etc) are not "directly transferrable" to meet the DGCA requirements.

In such a case, any adequately qualified FAA CFI/II/MEI in the US can administer these tests in one or two flights and check out the student on the areas/maneuvers/procedures mentioned in those GFT forms (form CA 39, CA40 A/B etc).

The Skill tests or General Flight Tests required by the DGCA, India are in NO WAY comparable to the FAA flight checks.
(Candidate need not perform/be evaluated on maneuvers like Chandelles, Lazy eights, eights on pylons, power off 180s etc etc :confused:)
These GFTs are more of a formality and you'll probably have a good laugh seeing the items mentioned on those forms (Ca39 etc) :}