PDA

View Full Version : Citation X - initial type rating - Europe?

KevIrel
7th Sep 2009, 17:17
Hi

Does anyone know if / where I can do the Citation X type rating in Europe. Failing that, where is the best place world wide? Need both JAA and FAA sign off as well.

Thanks

K

Flintstone
7th Sep 2009, 17:38
You're buying a type rating on spec?

KevIrel
7th Sep 2009, 17:49
Am simply looking for recommendations. Thanks

KevIrel
7th Sep 2009, 17:57
Nope its not on spec.

G-SPOTs Lost
7th Sep 2009, 18:16
In ten years I think they have only delivered 300 Aircraft, so its never going to be a one in each continent sim.

Bit of a marmite training provider but Flightsafety can do JAA & FAA, I would reccomend Wichita but last time I was there there was a bit of a negative buzz about the place. I would strongly reccomend Orlando, I fly a 680 which is 70% C750 systems wise and many of the instructors teach both because of the overlap - Haven't met a bad one yet.

Direct flights, more to see, better weather, better centre, better sims, better cheaper hotels. The center is next to the perimeter fence at MCO

KevIrel
7th Sep 2009, 18:56
Florida would be handier but they appear to only do recurrent training.

His dudeness
7th Sep 2009, 19:44
They do Initials for the 680s in Orlando (had a f/o there in March)

Donīt know bout the 750 -but I find it strange, USUALLY when they do refreshers they also do initials. Have you had contact with them ? Friendly people...give it a try. There is no 750 sim in Europe/ME AFAIK

KevIrel
8th Sep 2009, 08:58
Yep, have called and left a message and also mailed but no response as yet. Will keep at it.

ITFC1
9th Sep 2009, 08:03
I done my Initial and recurrent at Wichita, always been fine for me, I did FAA & JAA.

Good luck finidng a job, i do hope its not the one in UAE!!

RAPA Pilot
9th Sep 2009, 08:19
Whats wrong with the job in UAE?

jetopa
16th Sep 2009, 08:48
Used to go for Initial and Recurrent Training to Toledo, OH which is roughly 1-1,5h drive by car south from Detroit Metro, which served by most airlines, also international ones (LH, AF, BA etc.).

People at FSI are very nice, instructors proficient and they (at least: used to...) have both JAA and FAA examiners on staff. Try to look for Andy. Very competent and great fun to work with.

Flipside to the coin: the SIM represents only the old non-splitbus model of the CE750. It's not a problem, but some items on the checklists are quite different.

Not much to do in Toledo either, but if you're lucky you connect with some of the NetJets drivers whom you most probably will run into.

Best of luck!