PDA

View Full Version : Battle Scarred, C4 Program and Website

nigegilb
6th Sep 2009, 10:26
Ex Army chum of mine has asked me to post this link to arrse thread giving the heads up on a program due to be screened tomorrow night investigating the care of soldiers suffering from PTSD. I understand a fair few light blues have similarly been affected in recent years, hope this is helpful.

Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > General > > The Intelligence Cell > > Battle Scarred - Channel 4 - Mon 7th @ 8pm (http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=132385/start=0.html)

Channel 4 is today launching a brand new website to support the Dispatches: Battle Scarred film which examines the psychological trauma suffered by many soldiers returning from combat zones. The website offers additional films by award-winning film-maker David Modell and exclusive embeddable video clips of interviews he conducted with ex-soldiers who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The site covers four topics; mental health, relationships, alcohol and suicide and each features a series of video clips from ex soldiers and their families about how each of these has directly affected them. The stories reveal the devastating impact of war - from the suicide of loved ones to how lives can be wrecked by trying to battle the demons of war with drink or drugs and how marriages and relationships can falter when a returning soldier tries to adjust to life back home. Photographs and video clips taken by serving soldiers with their mobile phones provide a snapshot of the realities of life on the frontline in Iraq and Afghanistan and the site also features a series of powerful portraits of ex-soldiers, taken by David Modell.

There are also research articles into the background of each topic and a chance for anyone affected by them to comment on the issues and share their experiences. There is a section for Help and Support and links to other websites which discuss the impact of combat on the psychological health of the people who serve in our military.

Please visit the site at Battle Scarred - Channel 4 (http://www.channel4.com/battlescarred) More information on Dispatches: Battle Scarred which airs on Monday 7th September at 8pm on Channel 4: