PDA

View Full Version : Rollason Beta

Snakecharmer
5th Sep 2009, 20:03
Anyone know where there might be one for sale? Or - at a push - whether the plans can be bought anywhere?

'Chuffer' Dandridge
6th Sep 2009, 10:04
I dont think there's any left flying in the UK..:{

Flew G-AWHV quite a bit in the 80s... Very nice :ok:

worrab
6th Sep 2009, 14:45
(There are four showing on G-INFO)

Rod1
6th Sep 2009, 16:31
Martin Johns at Derby Aero Club is 98% of the way through his build and is likely to fly in the not too distant future.

Rod1

'Chuffer' Dandridge
6th Sep 2009, 21:47
Worrab,

What I meant is there are none flying in the UK, which means there are none flying in the UK, even though there are 4 registered..

VictorGolf
7th Sep 2009, 10:06
Probably get flamed for this but I seem to remember that a chap was seeking sponsorship to fly one as an airshow act about 3 years ago. This might imply that it was airworthy. Ring any bells with anybody? I hear the 3 Cassutts operated by the "Dukes of Cassutt" are up for sale and they are built to the same formula.

Snakecharmer
7th Sep 2009, 16:59
Thanks all.. I know about the Jones' aeroplane and plan to take a quick trip up to Derby in the next couple of weeks to pick their brains about plans etc.

The Cassutt has never appealed (despite the fact that I gave early flying lessons to one of 'The Dukes'!) but the Beta has always had a certain style for me... then again, my regular mount is a CAP, so I guess I'm choosy! :-)

Sir George Cayley
7th Sep 2009, 20:12
Weight is the problem. pm me as I helped in a small way with one's rebuild and could put you in touch with the owner.

How many pies have you consumed?

Sir George Cayley

KZ8
7th Sep 2009, 22:25
Rollason's used to sell plans sets, but not for many years. I guess the only way to get plans would be via an advert in the LAA magazine. Somebody must have a set tucked away!

Rollason's used to advertise 'You need a Beta to beat a Beta'.

Snakecharmer
9th Sep 2009, 15:38
Sir George - thanks - check your pms.

KZ8 - thanks also - I may just take a trip to Turweston when I'm next home in a week's time... interesting name... I have the KZVII in my logbook :-)