PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Alpha Eagle EOG - can someone please explain...

rbaron
5th Sep 2009, 15:13
Is there anyone out there that can help with the following technical questions on the EOG? After canvassing several pilots/engineers, and searching in vain online, I'm still drawing blanks:

Side Connector/Jack Plug choices:
U172/U-U93/U
U172/U-TP 120/U
U172/U-NATO
U172/U384/U (STEREO ONLY)
U172/U174/U STEREO WIRING
U172U/-U75/U

IMPEDANCE: (at plug)
9.5 OHM
150 OHM
300 OHM
600 OHM

If anyone can help with a layperson description of the differences, and point me to the best answers I'd appreciate it... It's for civilian operations - typical fleet operated in Canada...

Thanks!

rbaron

What Limits
5th Sep 2009, 16:16
The best person to speak to is Alex Khavin at Maxcraft Avionics in Vancouver. He supplies most of the helmets for the pilots in my company and could tell you exactly the spec. that you need.

I had an Eagle from him and its perfect for me. Sadly I can't remember the spec. of mine so can't help, at least for the next few days.

Regards

WL

rbaron
5th Sep 2009, 16:21
Hi What Limits,

Thank you for your suggestion... a local engineer did call a tech contact at Maxcraft on my behalf, but the information we received wasn't very conclusive, although the contact did suggest to go with higher ohms for the impedence. Just would like some technical information on the various choices to know I'm making the right one. Information on this topic seems to be nil, along with my level of understanding... LOL

rbaron

What Limits
6th Sep 2009, 15:41
As I said, speak to Alex. He knows.