PDA

View Full Version : Aviation parts

Skystar02
5th Sep 2009, 08:32
Hi!

I was discussing with a friend about to get aviation parts for our air club. However we donīt know how to get that market and if it's necessary any document attached to that parts. Also we have other questions: Is it possible to buy an EASA certified airplane (i.e. a PA28) and to use its parts as a spares? If we had a non serviceable airplane, is it possible to sell its parts. It would improve our spares stock and reduce a little our costs.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Miles Gustaph
6th Sep 2009, 07:43
In the EASA zone:

All parts fitted to an aircraft must have tractability and an appropriate certification. In the case of Aircraft General Spares, I.E. non special bolts, screws and o-rings a certificate of conformity will do, other parts will require an EASA form 1 issued by an approved company.

The use of parts from a donor aircraft can be problematic. Unless a company is appropriately approved to work on the specific uninstalled component and then certify it/them components can only be removed as serviceable. In general either of the above can only be carried out by a suitably approved person and/or organisation.

The issue of aircraft spares is a long and colourful one with numerous cases of people ending up in jail for having supplied bogus parts that is parts that are not fit for aircraft.

I have generalised and simplified the issue as far as I could but would suggest that the mere fact that you asked the question means you are totally unqualified to do this and run a serious risk of meeting your local airworthiness authority with a police man, or worse still being sued and loosing everything you own.

Phenom100
6th Sep 2009, 08:48
PM IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SPARES, WE CAN HELP WITH MOST ITEMS, JUST GIVE ME THE PART NUMBERS YOU REQUIRE?

:ok:

Skystar02
6th Sep 2009, 16:46
Miles Gustaph,

thanks very much for your reply. Of course I'm not a qualified person and I belong to a non qualified organisation neither (just an air club). So I must use a 145 in order to certify parts from a non serviceable aircraft. Two more questions...

If I bought an aviation part from a FAA org., should be that part homologued by EASA or it depends on what kind of part? and last one, How could I know if that spare is valid for an EASA aircraft? I mean, is there any document attached to that part which can prove it?

I'd like to do things with all my respect to law. My aim is to get another way to get spares and have them as a stock because our 145 never have enough stock for that parts and it takes a lot of time to get them from the model factory. Or just what they say...:hmm: So from time to time we have planes grounded for some time. I'd like to evaluate my options but I don't know much about how it works.

Thank you again for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Regards.

Bus429
6th Sep 2009, 17:06
Although Miles has basically hit the nail on the head, there are other acceptable authorised release certificates other than the EASA Form 1 and that depends on their originating from an organisation whose state has a bilateral in force. Some JAA Forms 1 are still acceptable.
Parts originating from the USA for fitment to EASA comercial aircraft must come from EASA-approved FAR 145 organiations. FAA 8130-3 with EASA release statement (dual release) required for large and commercial aircraft parts (maintained under Part 145); the FAA 8130-3 does not have to be dual release for aircraft maintained under Part M Subpart F (non-commercial/non-large) but the organisation must have a method of assessing such parts. Canadian and Brazilian forms are also acceptable but you need to read Part 145, MIP-G, AAM and other stuff.
There are changes afoot for the Form 1 (Opinion 06/2008) and FAA 8130-3 (going to be called FAA Form 1, I think).
Drop me a PM for further info.

Miles Gustaph
8th Sep 2009, 17:18
Skystar02, I'm sure if you had the time, and a lot of it you could achieve something close to your goal; however I would suggest that the easiest solution to the problem is to find better suppliers... there's even an offer above... it's much easier and in the long run cheaper, no outlay of cash turned to parts that may not sell.

Good luck.

TARTAN
9th Sep 2009, 06:11
Skystar02

For aviation parts try looking at: ILSmart: Aircraft Parts, Helicopter & Defense Parts, Marine Spares (http://www.ilsmart.com/)

You will need to apply for a password but you can try it out first. Most airlines
use this site to obtain spares and it also lists the agencies who are certified to
repair a particular part.

If a company lists the part they will also show if it is new, repaired, overhauled,
or 'as removed'. You can ask for quotes and in response they will indicate the
type of certification which will accompany the part. :)

Sometimes, instead of buying outright you might find it cheaper to ask for a
part exchange. Sometimes the supplying company will agree to this.

Hope this helps.

Skystar02
9th Sep 2009, 16:48
Thanks everybody,

you helped me a lot... However I've discovered other part of aviation very interesting and too complicated (for me:ugh:) to do what initially it could be a great idea.

As I said before thank you for your replies.:ok:

Best regards!