PDA

View Full Version : Saudia SFS Views

BMAN1
4th Sep 2009, 03:21
Looking for general feelings here. Nothing specific just air it all out.

ie.
What are your views of working for SFS?
" " " typical day of an SFS pilot?
" " " pilot retention rate (will you renew after three years?)
" " " living in Saudia Arabia?
" " " upgrade time of SICs?
" " " schools in SA?

In addition to anything else you think is relevant to those considering employment with SFS. I'd especially like to hear from those with children entering high school?

Be honest and objective but keep your personal attacks to yourselves.

Thanks.

poina
11th Sep 2009, 00:29
Bman,
I was on the airline side for a long time so here's my view.
Up grade, no chance as all f/os are locals.
Schools, used to be excellent, now poor quality but could be acceptable if you can find xtra tutoring for your kids,
Living in Saudia City, OK but you MUST have an interest to keep you busy and make good friends for the wife and kids.
Going out, more malls and shopping than anywhere I've been in the world, to avoid any trouble women should wear abaya and cover their hair.
Flying not so hot as you will start on the bottom a/c everyone else is trying to get out of.
Money, not too sure but it's not the pay as much as how much you can save.
Hope it helps but if you plan on an f/o job, look elsewhere.

mutt
11th Sep 2009, 08:35
Poina, it might surprise you to learn that things do actually change :):)

Up grade, no chance as all f/os are locals. Not anymore, intensive hiring of FO's who are going on most of the fleets. But it should be noted that there is no transition path to the airline.

Living in Saudia City, OK You would freak if you saw the new standard pilot house, picture your old house, tear the inside out, refurbish it with new tiles, new toilets, new kitchens, new furniture and even washing machine and flat screen tv!

Flying not so hot as you will start on the bottom a/c everyone else is trying to get out of Not everyone is starting on the Hawker, but for those that are starting on it, the type of flying is unknown as it will depend on what the market wants.

Money, not too sure Same as the airline for E170

Hope it helps but if you plan on an f/o job, look elsewhere I think that you are mistaken in this as your information is out of date !

Mutt