PDA

View Full Version : Red Route 1

coley chaos
3rd Sep 2009, 11:50
I live in a small valley beneath Red Route 1 in Dorset. Can any of you in the know and without secret blubbing, confirm the route this takes, as im very impressed by the low night flying, several junglies have flown these past few nights at 50ft?? (and others too, hercs chinooks etc, but the Sea Kings are the lowest by far)

If any one wants to PM me to tell me to bog off or indeed could let me know where this route goes, so i may further commend medals to the aircrews involved and to bore the hell out of my other half!

thanks all.

Coley

dakkg651
3rd Sep 2009, 12:54
The only Red Route 1 I remember is the one that Sean Connery used on his way to present Red October to the yanks. I don't think the Thors Twins are in Dorset though.

Seriously Coley. Nice to hear from a non nimby.

the_flying_cop
3rd Sep 2009, 20:22
i need to move house, all i get is the inbounds to EGCC, and once you have seen one of those, you have seen them all.

keep up the good work chaps!

ReachForTheStars
3rd Sep 2009, 22:28
Not sure where this route is, but there haven't been too many Junglies about this week, especially not at 50';)

coley chaos
4th Sep 2009, 07:23
Thank you fellow people,

Red Route 1 is Dorchester to Honiton?? ish? I was told the name of the route by a fellow PPruner, but forgot to ask where its route takes it?

So if anyone knows, then im your man.

And for information, the Sea Kings follow the River Frome (at my point in the valley) or so it seems, and are extremely low on NVGs, and it is a small valley! So please dont think im exagerating when i say their low, their low,low!!!

But if anyone could draw me a map, then please feel free!!! :ok:

Coley.

coley chaos
4th Sep 2009, 07:27
Hey..Dakkg651,

Whats a non nimby? Should i be concearned at all?? Or is it one of "those" secret societies for men without friends!?? :confused:

I bow to authority on these matters!!

Coley

Pilotinmydreams
4th Sep 2009, 15:33
I think I must live close to this route. I remember one evening driving down from Eggerdon hill towards the A35 just outside of Bridport and a Chinook coming out of nowhere from the Valley up over the road - scared the bejesus out of me but look really bloody impressive. Always good to watch what looks like awesome skill to someone who can only dream of such fun!

coley chaos
5th Sep 2009, 11:37
Ah Bridport?

The aircraft generally fly east to west up the valley towards the Rampisham Masts?Aerials area, then off towards Honiton ,along the valleys i would presume, so just North of Bridport would seem logical for the flights along this route!
Coley