PDA

View Full Version : USA approves DL/DJ Codeshare

7378FE
3rd Sep 2009, 06:50
Codeshare approved for DL/DJ effective 01 SEP 2009.
V Australia, Pacific Blue (AUS) & Pacific Blue (NZ) awaiting outcomes of safety audits. :ok:

inandout
3rd Sep 2009, 07:08
This should ramp things up at DeltaV

VBPCGUY
3rd Sep 2009, 07:17
Qantas is about to get your arse well and truely kicked:ok:

Pegasus747
3rd Sep 2009, 07:53
Qantas has not opposed this at all. On that basis i am sure they have a plan :)

7378FE
3rd Sep 2009, 08:14
What..QANTAS have a plan?
First time for awhile, seems they are always playing catch up:}

fender
3rd Sep 2009, 09:10
The plan,

It's called "Jetstar International"

rammel
4th Sep 2009, 07:37
Why would QF have opposed it? After all they codeshare with AA and others I think, so wouldn't it have been hypocritical if they did oppose it.

The Chef
4th Sep 2009, 14:37
Qantas has not opposed this because they do exactly the same thing on the Kangaroo route with BA. If QF oppose VA/Delta, they risk their own arrangements.

It will be the first 'real' competition on the Pacific. Great to see.

The Chef

Dropt McGutz
5th Sep 2009, 09:43
I would think that QF didn't oppose it as it will keep SQ out of the equation. Better to have VB and Delta as the opposition rather than SQ.

Mstr Caution
6th Sep 2009, 12:18
I believe it will be United, which gets it's "arse kicked".

DJ738
6th Sep 2009, 13:12
Who has been conducting these "safety audits"? Are they just internal? Or CASA / CAA?

nitpicker330
6th Sep 2009, 13:30
Ha ha, that is funny!!! Are you tongue in cheek???

Seems that the mighty Rat have decided the A380 is not worth using on LAX SYD/MEL as much as they'd hoped. Something about having to carry 32 tonnes of mandatory fuel screwing up all the profit calculations!!

The 777's DL VOZ use are just as nice inside and the average punters don't give a flying toss if it's not a Qf A380 they're on.

Not everyone prefers Qantas you know, otherwise Cx wouldn't have any pax at all. On the Aus routes we have good load factors competing against QF.

So get your hand off it.

ditch handle
6th Sep 2009, 20:45
nitpicker330,

you'll have to excuse the blindingly transparent "shilling" thats occurring on PPrune for QF's A380s. Done in an effort to get experienced cabin crew operating on it.
There are quite a few "issues" that I can't specifically mention as the "mods" will delete my post.........

ad-astra
6th Sep 2009, 21:21
N-BW

Passengers 'may' sometimes consider what aircraft they will be flying on but they will ALWAYS consider the price and schedule. Look at how the premium sector has lost its customers.

We are off within a month and guess how I started my search for carriers. PRICE.

I 'sas' do not listen to the PR speak of how 'impressive' an aircraft is!

To be quite honest if its safe cheap and has the ability to keep enough beer on board to put me out for the rest of the trip they get my money.

$1250 return to West Africa with Emirates....if its a Vimmy I don't care!

NOTE - For those who are a bit confused - Nitpicker, Ditch handle and I were responding to a post by N-BW (which has been removed) who was assuring us all that Qantas has a much more 'Impressive' aircraft than any other airline.:D