PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on Ghana and benin

lear60fellow
3rd Sep 2009, 01:40
Hi Folks

I´m having a flight to these two destinations bur never been there, any infor regarding airport, how things run out there, VISAS, vaccinations and any relative info is welcomed.

Thanks

farmpilot
3rd Sep 2009, 08:47
Was in Ghana last week, great place but they often run low on Jet A. SAA had to stop on the way home as nearly did the BA 76. As PAX we needed visas that you get from the local embassy BEFORE you travel. British plugs and intermittent 240V. You WILL get the sh*ts there, well I did as well as my 35 crew members. It's VERY expensive compared to other African countries and the driving is shocking. Malaria bad there, I would have all your normal African shots. Star beer is OK. As with most African countries things will move faster for you if you have cash to 'assist'. Most things are $$$ based, you get a different exchange rate for larger $ bills, I would only take 50's or 100's. At the local exchange I was getting 1.475 local to the $ for 50's and 100's. Smaller notes are about 1.42. DON'T CHANGE IN THE HOTEL AND DON'T USE THE HOTEL PHONE, take an old phone and get a pay as you go, it's got to be one of the cheapest African countries for cell phones.

I would go back there in a heart beat.

Can't help with Benin