PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on SIM training, Type and Recurrent

FlyingDOM
2nd Sep 2009, 15:51
What kind of a discount have you been able to get off of the regular retail price of SIM training, recently or in the past, for either Type or recurrent? Did you get the discount yourself or through an employer/company?

Back in 2002 I was able to get a Lear 45 recurrent reduced to $10,000 myself as an independent contract pilot. I don't remember what the retail price was at that time though. Tell me what kind of discount you were able to get. What the retail price was and what your discounted price was.

Would you pay to get recurrent or add a type rating if you could get a 20% or more discount off of the regular price?

Thanks, Dave

ATPMBA
7th Sep 2009, 15:06
I just talked to CAE and it sounds like if you are self-funded, they call it a contract pilot they will give you 20% off the list price.

FlyingDOM
10th Sep 2009, 18:28
ATPMBA, I saw the advert. for discounts to contract pilots. When you called CAE did you talk to Gina Rodgers or someone else?

ATPMBA
10th Sep 2009, 20:47
FlyingDOM - check ypur PMs.

They seem to indicate private owners don't want to pay for someone 's intial type rating anymore. As a contract pilot you can get a 20% discount from list price except for ther Falcon 7x they are only doing 10%.