PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Pilots

jahaj_crash
1st Sep 2009, 18:12
It come to my notice that we have many experienced & not so experienced souls amongst us.
I would like to request all the BIG BOYS (experienced or not) amongst us share with us their best words of wisdom and experience within avaition & what keeps you motivated or things never to do in cockpit, Things to remember in aviation, or anything u want to advice us etc etc (Hope you get the idea what im trying to say)
I would a lot better than feeling all burnt up and fatigued studying the BOOKs... and trying the Jugad's...like all my fellow newbies.
(Just feeling a little low, want to light up that fire in me and roar back at those Jets again :ouch: like a lion out for the hunt)
Thankyou
p.s - I dont mind if guys share some nice jokes as well... including ones on me.

IndAir967
2nd Sep 2009, 16:14
It come to my notice that we have many experienced & not so experienced souls amongst us.
I would like to request all the BIG BOYS (experienced or not) amongst us share with us their best words of wisdom and experience within avaition & what keeps you motivated or things never to do in cockpit, Things to remember in aviation, or anything u want to advice us etc etc (Hope you get the idea what im trying to say)
I would a lot better than feeling all burnt up and fatigued studying the BOOKs... and trying the Jugad's...like all my fellow newbies.
(Just feeling a little low, want to light up that fire in me and roar back at those Jets again http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gif like a lion out for the hunt)
Thankyou
p.s - I dont mind if guys share some nice jokes as well... including ones on me.

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilie4/popcorn2.gif

so what was ur favourite drink again ?;)

TopTup
2nd Sep 2009, 16:25
Drive to your international airport, screw how long it takes.

Go to the departure end of the runway, as near as you can possibly get to the takeoff flight path.

Watch a 777 or 747 take off. Listen the engines and see the wing take the load.... (sorry Airbus drivers...!)

If that doesn't throw a smile on your face that can't be removed for an hour or 10, or make you want to hit the books and get yourself in that seat that you just saw blast off then nothing can inspire you.

Yes there are other (some VERY) bad issues that pilots are facing and will continue to, but you have realise why you do what you do. Good luck and go get what you want.

IndAir967
2nd Sep 2009, 17:01
too add to toptups post.. if u aint near an airport..
u ve got youtube..
you could definitely watch those airbus training videos and learn a lot..
btw inspiring post toptup..
cheers..

jahaj_crash
2nd Sep 2009, 18:28
:ok: Top-UP :ok::O

yet to try Red-Bull...gonna see if that works too?

av8r76
2nd Sep 2009, 19:31
Never said it better. Took me 10 yrs to get that elusive first job and spent quite a few days at the airport watching a/c movements.
Kept me going for this long. The one element that is essential is the that burning passion for things that fly.

NZ X man
2nd Sep 2009, 20:13
the difficult part is take a leave of the industry, or a long period of un-employment where you are forced to do something else to survive and maintain your family. You then realize how entrenched into your life and blood the aviation sector has become. As if you have a disease that you enjoy having, which is so far removed from any other reality. If you are good at it, you are gifted , if you are gifted, then you are using those gifts, to do anything else is just a fake picture of life at the moment. It is not unlike love from someone or something, it has those great moments, and those completely miserable times where you swear you would walk away and never really look back. But then walk away with out something equally addictive, and you will realize how far the disease has advanced that you enjoyed so much and try to live that lie, telling yourself weekly how you do not need it. Other than that, it is great! Oh and do not ever punch up "direct to" on the FMS without checking with the captain ,

Cheers

cantbeafoolinlove
2nd Sep 2009, 20:55
might not be to the subject but just for the fun part.
Defination of confused pilot;
He is the one who talks about women when in airplanes and about airplanes when with/in women.:}

Hopefully industry would give us all a chance to get settled into nice cockpits soon!!!!

CDRW
2nd Sep 2009, 23:07
NZ x Man - really really well said - think Ernst Gann ( hope I got his name spelt correct) would be happy with that!!

The Dominican
3rd Sep 2009, 02:18
share with us their best words of wisdom and experience within avaition & what keeps you motivated or things never to do in cockpit, Things to remember in aviation, or anything u want to advice us etc etc

After 27 years of flying I've had to learn this little tid bit of information the hard way so I will share it with you all. If during the breakfast (free, otherwise we all know we rather stuff ourselves with the pretzels) buffet you decide to take a yogurt with you to eat it later during the flight, remember to open it AWAY from you, yogurt is very difficult to wash off the tie.

Capt Apache
3rd Sep 2009, 04:21
1)Hang around with people who dont believe you have it in you to get into that seat.If they dont drive you insane,they will stir you into action.
2)Get any job.You will need the money sooner or later for an odd endorsement or to pay for atleast some part of your training.
3)ALWAYS KEEP YOUR LICENSE AND MEDICAL CURRENT....ALWAYS!
4)Never believe people who talk shortcuts and ask for money.There aren't any shortcuts.They keep making you feel that jugad or connections are the only way.The truth is if you dont already have connections you probably will never have them.Nobody wants to know a nobody.
5)Get the right books first,preferably ones which have questions and explanation for their answers.Keith Williams is definitely worth it.Solve as many questions as you possibly can.
6)Keep away from alcohol and people who indulge in it.I didn't and it almost got me.:O
7)Never think that you will never get a job.I quit once and only ended up losing time and realizing there was really nowhere else I'd be happy.

Good Luck!

bad_attitude
3rd Sep 2009, 07:00
Flightlevel350.com: Free Aviation Videos, Airplane Videos and Cockpit Videos (http://www.flightlevel350.com) :ok:

jahaj_crash
3rd Sep 2009, 18:06
will remember that NZ/ CDRW/ Apache and Mr.:)Bad

masalama
5th Sep 2009, 05:52
hey dominican , yep remember the burst yoghurt all over my shirt/tie a while back. Found a way out though ....take a small plastic knife and puncture a small hole on the aluminum foil on the top of the yoghurt pack ...very effective in equalizing the pressure, also doing it at a low differential pressure(say FL100) would be the safest bet....hah the difficulties of professional flying ..hehehehe.
masalama.:ok:

bad_attitude
5th Sep 2009, 07:03
i got sprayed by strawberry yoghurt once ... never again! :ok:

av8r76
5th Sep 2009, 07:18
Also, on layovers, the captain gets the good looking ones.

mach.86
5th Sep 2009, 07:36
a more technical approach on the yoghurt issue would be to put the thing in the chiller (as most galleys would have one even budget airlines). lower temperature, less pressure. but punching a hole would be more practical. really depends on what kind of flyer you are.:8

moonbug
5th Sep 2009, 08:20
I lightly tap the top of the yoghurt lid with a spoon paying close attention to the corner that I am going to open.

This action theoretically removes the yoghurt near the lid that makes up the potential ejected matter. On opening the lid, the splatter caused by the pressure differential is greatly reduced.

Disclaimer: It sometimes dosent work.:eek: