PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones and Class 1

ATIS31
1st Sep 2009, 16:41
Sorry if this has been asked before but need some advice. I have been doing a lot of planning towards my ATPL and recently went to get my Class 1 renewed after it had lapsed to a class 2. I passed the Medical but on the Questionaire it asked if you have any problems in the past with the usual things Heart etc. I ticked the box for Kidney Stones as 3 years ago I passed a stone. I have had no problems since but my AME said I would have to have a ultrasound and further tests to confirm there was nothing there before I could get my Class one medical. Now I have found out I have a small stone in each Kidney and it is too small to treat :{ Where do I go from here is my dream over :(. It has not given me any problems and if it was'nt for a scan I would be none the wiser anyone been in this situation and can give me any advice ?

Captain Airclues
2nd Sep 2009, 07:45
Suggest that you use the 'search' function (go to Advanced Search, enter 'Kidney'. select 'Medical and Health' forum, select '1 year'). Less than one minute on 'search' brought up this;

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_MED_Renal_Stones.pdf

Dave