PDA

View Full Version : Arik Air emergency in Mali

LOS
1st Sep 2009, 13:03
What is the story behind an Arik aircraft that made an emergency on a deserted road in Mali on its way to Germany for maintenance? Is the aircraft (CRJ?) damaged?

SalesConsult
2nd Sep 2009, 10:59
Can someone help with more info?

fishpie
2nd Sep 2009, 13:19
Aircraft left mali yesterday, now on check in Germany.

No issues.

RWEDAREYET
2nd Sep 2009, 14:08
Anyone know what the problem was??

SalesConsult
2nd Sep 2009, 16:00
Still no credible info around about what really happened

chongololo
2nd Sep 2009, 16:29
Well then just make something up before someone else does!

tangowisky
2nd Sep 2009, 16:50
guys it was a crj9oo with registration 5N-JEB it had to make an emmergency landing because the capt observed that instruments in the cockpit were going A-WIRE giving him wrong instrument readings and was to go for a C-check in cologne in germany so he had to make an emmergency landing in mali but the LHC engineers have been dispatched and the snag has been cleared now on its way to germany.
Anyway been observing u guys for a long time now but i have not been participating but now am in as ur new member. And don't worry its authentic i work wit Arik. chao!
tangowisky out>

tangowisky
2nd Sep 2009, 16:55
u guys need any info abt arik am ur man
bare in mind that am just doing this to keep all interested parties informed wit more accurate info's cos i have noticed all sorts of false and illinformed news abt this carrier.
So any info u need, am more than happy to provide
Tangowisky out

SalesConsult
2nd Sep 2009, 17:50
good to have you on - tangowisky:ok:

flareout BC
3rd Sep 2009, 13:20
A mere ten yrs back it wasn't imaginable to think up a Nigerian carrier with cutting edge equipment, never mind a type in numbers reading in double digits. It's good to have the ol' green-white-green plastered on gleaming fuselages for a change. God is good.

9jarep
4th Sep 2009, 00:35
T.W I hope you would tell it like it is a lot of us peddled false story to the Aviation Community even when it was clear the Airline we where working for was Sinking Faster than the Titanic:=

NaijaNinja
4th Sep 2009, 21:06
What's this i hear tonight that Arik are cancelling some routes because they are unable to pay for fuel?

Hmmn, is that why that ramp doesn't look as empty as it used to?

In today's news, wasn't (someone) supposed to pay FinBank the ₦180m he borrowed? Nah, no need for that, Sir Pete, use it for Arik's Avgas.

Sir Balewa, TW, any insight? I hope for our sakes, that this is not true!

By the way, did that RJ really land on a road in Mali??? Great stuff!

SalesConsult
5th Sep 2009, 13:59
Commercial reality is setting in at Arik.

Arik are cutting some routes partly because some of their partners on those routes are not fulfilling their part of the deal as expected. You cannot just cut out routes because of fuel - you will tend to suspend ops if the route is worth it. mmmmm:suspect:

Did they land on a road??? I doubt it

9jarep
6th Sep 2009, 04:38
This type of Nigerian Tribune response is not good enough lets have the Names of this Partners,So that Patriotic Nigerian would avoid them:rolleyes:

Is Ekwempu still in Arik???

JABAG
6th Sep 2009, 19:22
I thought ekwempu is the DFO at Axiom Air!