PDA

View Full Version : Any jobs in Euro. for FAA cert. pilots??

N42ER
31st Aug 2009, 23:58
I was wondering if anyone knew or heard of any company that hired pilots with American (FAA) pilot ratings & experience (with no JAA cert.s). I didn't know if some airlines possibly sponsored pilots' transitional training or perhaps if there are any places operating aircraft regisered in the US that are basing pilots in Europe.

Thank You.

Dr Eckener
1st Sep 2009, 22:09
Any jobs for JAA rated guys/gals in the US?

SAS-A321
2nd Sep 2009, 23:14
Any jobs in Europe or US for ICAO pilots? :}

You might find an N-reg flying in Europe, but I think you will still need a work permit.

We should make an open sky agreement for pilots, so we can work world wide without work permits. :D

N42ER
2nd Sep 2009, 23:51
I would have EU passport and able to work in Europe, just not the certificates in Europe.

So anyone know any particular company that does this?

Thanks

greenno
3rd Sep 2009, 07:27
Here only I know FedEx and UPS flying with N airplanes.

I'm not sure but I think is forbidden for a Europe airline operate with N or not JAA register.:=

nicholasblonde
3rd Sep 2009, 14:03
Not to blast you out of the water, but I wouldn't bother even trying unless you do the full conversion and medical in advance of asking this question again. Even the contract CRJ jobs I've been in the running for in the past have dried up completely...

We're in a huge recession still, every job in the EU has at least 100-500 times as many applicants (with heavy jet time) as vacancies, etc., etc., etc...any N-reg (i.e. corporate) jobs in this environment are going to require hours on type. Most of the ACMI/Cargo ops (Atlas, CargoLux, etc.) are either not hiring or would require 4000+ TT and significant turbo PIC...

Your best bets--1) If you are employed at a US airline, start doing the ATPL theory on the side (I'd suggest distance learning via Naples or Bristol), 2) If you are a wet commercial with 250 hours, briefly see if you can get into some sort of ab initio with Ryanair/Easy/Intercockpit, etc....if neither 1 or 2 is the case, I would very very very strongly suggest staying in the US for the time being and flight instructing or doing 135...if you have work permission here or can get it, you will have a much better long term career and prospects at those jobs in Europe....the best template in my opinion is to gain your hours here (since there are more entry-level jobs and always will be--albeit lower-paying), and THEN convert your licenses and go back to the EU with +1000 hours turbine time and a JAR ATPL unfrozen...that's your best shot

If you have about 30K pounds or so to blow (I use the term loosely), go do EasyJet or Ryanair ab initio, if they'll hire you with

jet.man123
3rd Sep 2009, 16:50
McDonalds for sure! seriously, probably only biz jets, try Net jets in Portugal..