PDA

View Full Version : NOR OTS and NCA

FemaleDispatcher
30th Aug 2009, 16:15
Hi dispatcher colleagues,

I am a new member in this forum , nice to meet you all !

Working as a longrange dispatcher for a big german airline, and I was wondering if someone can give me an answer to the following question
occuring every second day in the office :

Filing an westbound flight from europe to CYVR, NOR OTS are active.

The NOR OTS message gives you beginning and end of the single routes, and mentions in the very end of the message which NCAs are not available at that time.
I am now planning e.g. NOR1 (which is running along let's say NCA November) and NOR1 ends at a point XYZ, which is one of NCA N's waypoints. It still want to continue flying on the rest part of the NCA N (after the NOR1 ends) , which is officially not active at that time.
Does anyone of you mention in the ATC part the rest of NCA N or are you filing then just coordinates or waypoints without mentioning NCA N (even if the rest of it is not part of the NOR 1 route) ?
I hope I descibed my thoughts clearly, so somebody knows what I mean !?

If haven't found any official source to that yet , and I am never sure what's the correct thing to do...

Maybe this question came up in your office too, I would be really happy to get some other feedbacks to that!What's your experience?

Thank you very much for your help and/or discussions ...

FemaleDispatcher

Grasscarp
30th Aug 2009, 18:38
You may already be familiar with the transport Canada website which has details of the tracks and requirements
RAC - 12.0 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (ATC) SPECIAL PROCEDURES (http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/publications/tp14371/rac/12-0.htm)
They also have a good contact us section with phone numbers and email etc.
If this is a repeated problem for you it may be an idea to contact them. I have done so in the past and found them to be very helpful.

FemaleDispatcher
30th Aug 2009, 21:00
Thank you Grasscarp for the link !
I will take your advice and contact them for that particular question, as the link doesn't give an exact answer ! I hope they can help me out . . .

Cheers ,

FemaleDispatcher

FemaleDispatcher
10th Sep 2009, 15:04
To everyone who made up his mind about that in the past, too:

Just talked to Edmonton Center this morning, and he told me, yes, it is allowed to file an excluded NCA after the very end point of the NOR OTS !

Best regards , FemaleDispatcher