PDA

View Full Version : Anzio/Casalpalocco villa

flyboy76
30th Aug 2009, 13:44
Can anyone help.

I am moving to FCO at the beginning of 2010. My wife and I have family in Anzio. I think this is probably a little to far to drive each day? Does anyone live in Anzio and drive regularly to FCO? How long would it take? I am planing a trip to try and find a place to rent and if anyone can reccomend any towns between Anzio and Rome I would be greatfull.

I am also interested in renting in Casalpalocco, so if anyone knows of any villas
available from Feb 2010 I would be very greatfull for any info.

Many thanks.

cleartouchandgo
31st Aug 2009, 19:56
Hello there.

Casalpalocco is a fantastic area, quite close to the airport (about 20kms). I reckon that this would be a better bet, although it ain't cheap.

Anzio, is a historic small town but the surrounding area is also nice, especially in summer, and its about an hour and a half away, although depending on time of year/day this can turn into a bit of a nightmare as there is only a highway (ss148 Pontina) and the coastal road (ss Litoranea) twds FCO which can make for interesting times!

Towards Anzio, you might find the various summer resorts offer good quality accommodation, but in summer the traffic will be bad on the coastal road. In order of distance away from LIRF you have:

Torvaianica
Lido dei Pini
Lavinio
(all these are summer holiday resort for Romans, hence quiet in winter)

As far as the original question is concerned, let's see if anyone has direct experience, but I reckon that if you are on reasonable shifts etc and need to drive a few times a week, not during rush hour, it can be done. If you have early/evening starts it can be messy.

If the budget permits I would 100% recommend Casalpalocco...or some parts of AXA where you find nice flats rather than villas, or shared villini which might cost a bit less. Also worthwhile considering the various ISOLE in Palocco, these are condominium style blocks of 8 family villas, most have 2-3 bedrooms and will be cheaper than a villa but will have a communal swimming pool and a small private garden (Isola 33, Isola 27-28, Isola 26 etc).

PS. If you have friends in Rome, see if someone can get hold of "Wanted in Rome" itīs the expat paper that has many ads for this type of accommodation. It is available through expat workplaces such as the UN offices (FAO, IFAD, WFP) and probably the English Bookshop, and a few English pubs or I can try get a scan sent to me if you struggle.

Good luck!
CTG

flyboy76
1st Sep 2009, 21:57
Thanks for the advice CTG.

cleartouchandgo
4th Sep 2009, 12:44
hope it helps. If you have any other queries, don't hesitate to ask!

I'll be visiting Palocco in a couple of weeks so will see if hear of anyone renting out etc.

Cheers
CTG :ok: