PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat

HH6702
29th Aug 2009, 21:31
It seems that some UK airports are loosing there YYZ links for next summer

NCL,EXT,EDI

Are TS getting rid of some of there A310's are going to use them elsewhere??

MichaelAM
29th Aug 2009, 22:24
Seems a shame to be dropping NCL. I travelled NCL-YYZ and vice versa this month and both ways the flights were full, obviously more things are taken into consideration but in terms of PAX the flights are pretty full :)

Boeing 77W
30th Aug 2009, 04:26
Can I ask where you got the information from? Especially with regards to EXT. A great shame if true, that route has been going for decades :sad:

Carnethy
30th Aug 2009, 11:05
Boeing 77W, the summer 10 Canadian Affair brochure has been out for some time now and these routes are not included.
I am also very disappointed. It means there's only one flight a week from EDI to Canada now - thats Flyglobespan to Hamilton, yet they are daily with TCX from GLA! :ugh:

ROSSKi MYT
30th Aug 2009, 13:20
Carnethy, there is a much greater emand to Canda from Glasgow

Cloud1
30th Aug 2009, 14:09
Boeing 77W - I am afraid its true, been discussed around the airport quite a bit as you will appreciate most of us are quite disappointed by their decision. The YYZ service has operated for a number of years so it is a real shame. It hasn't been discussed in any media to my knowledge - quite understandably, its not something that an airport would talk about out aloud!

Carnethy
30th Aug 2009, 16:42
ROSSKi I think you'll find it's Canada we're talking about!
There is a demand from Glasgow, I agree, but because there is not very much offered from Edinburgh it makes it looks falsly high. If you look at the load factors for TS & GSM from EDI I think you'll find they are just as high as from GLA.

CabinCrewe
30th Aug 2009, 17:04
So two flights a week with around 78% load factors can be compared to 11 Canadian flights with the same loads.... get real. You mustget in touch with the frugal shrewd tour operators and airlines and tell them they are doing something wrong. Do you really think they would not operate and withdraw services if there was an untapped local demand. No.:ugh:

atcomarkingtime
30th Aug 2009, 21:33
Canadian Affair dropped routes this week.....I was booked on the MAN-TOR route on 22nd Oct......and they cancelled due to only 5 pax being booked.....not looking good!

STN Ramp Rat
31st Aug 2009, 07:24
Canadian Affair dropped routes this week.....I was booked on the MAN-TOR route on 22nd Oct......and they cancelled due to only 5 pax being booked.....not looking good!

The Canadian market is very seasonal; it will go from multiple daily flights in October to weekly flights in November; it has been like that for years. The summer season is the off peak for Canadian carriers the real money is in the snowbird flights to “the south” during the northern winter

Boeing 77W
31st Aug 2009, 22:22
Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean Cloud1, I used to work at EXT and people always looked forward to the TS flights. Will be a shame and definitely a blow for the airport. Bit of a longshot but any hope of Flyglobespan coming back? (sorry for trailing off topic slightly...)

GayFriendly
1st Sep 2009, 04:32
BHX had no Transat flights this summer after many years of operations there. Flights (still sold by Canadian Affair) are being operated instead by TCX using a 757, I assume NCL, EXT etc will still have flights to YYZ but with TCX next year unless Canadian Affair have pulled out from these airports?

airhumberside
1st Sep 2009, 10:27
Canadian Affair appear to have pulled out off EDI/NCL/EXT completely

EGGP
1st Sep 2009, 21:16
Check this thread out on the canada forum; this makes the airline owners strategy clear.
http://www.pprune.org/canada/383614-air-transat-stopping-uk-flights.html

TSR2
1st Sep 2009, 22:40
History shows that airlines from Canada never stick around long on routes from UK regional airports. Remember Wardair, CP Air, Royal Aviation, Worldways, Harmony, Zoom, Nationair, Canadian Airlines and Air Canada to name a few. Air Transat must be following same hallowed traditions.