PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meads Lightning Photo

olimeads
29th Aug 2009, 19:45
Hi
Does anybody have a Hi-Res copy of my grandfathers photo?
I would ask him but he still resides in the land of film.

Cheers
Oli
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9892/jimmeadspq3.jpg

Tim McLelland
30th Aug 2009, 17:20
If you find a decent copy then you deserve a reward! I tried to find one but it seems to have drifted into history. It appears in various books and all over the internet but as it keeps getting recycled the quality deteriorates more and more. Pity - as the original must be a beauty.

olimeads
30th Aug 2009, 18:14
Success, i have just been told that my grandfather is coming down to visit tomorrow for my parents. i will give him a quick call, as i believe he keeps a stock of original copies.

Cheers all:ok:

air pig
31st Aug 2009, 04:11
I was just lucky enough to meet the pilot of the Lightning, Goerge Aird, who when he retired used to fly the BAe Mosquito. Even managed to get a sniff at the atmoshere within the cockpit, wonderful!!

Air pig

doubleu-anker
31st Aug 2009, 06:16
"Even managed to get a sniff at the atmoshere within the cockpit, wonderful!!"

I would have thought it may have recked of "brown adrenalin", if it was the Lightning, or what was left of it, you were referring to. :}

ExSp33db1rd
31st Aug 2009, 09:22
The camera is a Micro-Press 4"x5" a copy of the Speed Graphic - an example of which I still have tucked away - somewhere, along with a Sanderson half-plate,

Nige321
31st Aug 2009, 09:25
I have a 12Mb scan from an original print, signed by George Aird and Jim Meads. PM with your email, I'll send it over...!

Nige:ok:

Lightning Mate
31st Aug 2009, 12:52
"I would have thought it may have recked of "brown adrenalin", if it was the Lightning"

Don't be silly old chap!

We were the very height of cool in the sixties - ask the girls in Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Fife, Cyprus, Singapore, and Germany.

LM:ok:

lightningmate
1st Sep 2009, 13:08
Not to mention Anglesey :)

lm

brakedwell
1st Sep 2009, 14:47
Don't be silly old chap!

We were the very height of cool in the sixties - ask the girls in Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Fife, Cyprus, Singapore, and Germany.

LM

You aircrew all same, with big tickers and small prickers and pay by cheque ! :}:}

Not to mention Anglesey

So you knew the Harbour Master's daughter too !!!!

Herod
1st Sep 2009, 16:46
She was only a Harbour Master's daughter, but she knew all the buoys.

Lightning Mate
2nd Sep 2009, 07:39
Hello brakedwell.

"You aircrew all same, with big tickers and small prickers and pay by cheque"

You forgot the big watch and big mouth bit.....

LM :ok:

brakedwell
2nd Sep 2009, 08:10
Big ticker ? :}

Mandator
2nd Sep 2009, 19:25
I think the picture is available from Mirror Syndication International (www.mirrorpix.com); the negative number may be MP_0018484.