PDA

View Full Version : Channel 7's Sunrise and JQ

Transition Layer
28th Aug 2009, 08:16
As usual, Media Watch is spot on!!!

Media Watch: Jetstar Stars on Seven (24/08/2009) (http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2665301.htm)

Watching Natalie Barr squirm as she asks the questions (knowing full-well that she is spinning sh*t!) is pure gold! :}

Dragun
28th Aug 2009, 08:32
Reminds me of Alan and the AM boys' cash for comment saga. It's very very borderline! I guess they're not getting cash though so...they must be doing it all out of good will?

Jet-A-One
28th Aug 2009, 08:37
Interesting to note Jetstar advertises on channel 7's Sunrise while Qantas has had a long term deal advertising on 9's Today show at the same time... but "Jetstar will never compete directly with Qantas"...

Ken Borough
28th Aug 2009, 10:30
Jetstar may not be altogether happy with the Sunrise lightweights. A couple of Sundays ago Andrew O'Keefe and his female airheaded sidekick were doing a 'live' spruik on Star Class.

After the female gave Star Class the big wrap, O'Keefe finished it by saying something like "....and it's where you have less chance of sitting next to a bogan with bad under-arm odour!" 24 carat gold!!

I thought it a pretty good ending but I think those paying for the commercial may not have been amused.

Mr. Hat
28th Aug 2009, 11:48
Natalie stealing GT's thunder!

Freewheel
29th Aug 2009, 00:13
I can't believe anybody would consider the individuals or programs involved as a credible source of anything, but there you go.

Mstr Caution
29th Aug 2009, 06:35
I've seen Qantas Holidays advertising on Channel 9, but you still get Jetstar advertising too!

Usually 10 minutes apart and leading into the 8am news.

Check out Qantas Holidays, there's some great escape packages flying to Phuket on Jetstar at the moment.

MC.

lowerlobe
29th Aug 2009, 08:21
I notice that next week on Sunrise that the weather girl Fifi is presenting live from Honolulu....looks like another Jetstar promo as well as a program today on 7 about the new indigenous choir singing the QF love song....

blow.n.gasket
29th Aug 2009, 09:35
What odds are you giving that Fifi will fly to HNL on Qantas to do the Jetstar gig. :}

golfjet744
29th Aug 2009, 11:04
O'Keefe travels QF business class up to syd every weekend do the Jetstar ad campaign known as Weekend Sunrise.

Of course Fifi will travel QF business class to HNL to promote Jetstar.

Captain Sand Dune
29th Aug 2009, 23:00
Can they fly Kochie (or is that "Koch-h**d?!) somewhere (anywhere!) and leave him there?:}

farrari
29th Aug 2009, 23:05
Best thing I did was to stop watching their crap show. I agree with Capt SD.

Mstr Caution
30th Aug 2009, 05:08
Sunrise has to be on par with the NRL footy show.

On 20th August 2009, Fatty declares on air:
"Jetstar is the best airline in the world!"

Fatty, you should have asked who flew your panel guests to Sydney that day, cause it wasn't team orange.

stubby jumbo
30th Aug 2009, 09:34
.......only a few more weeks to endure Fatty and his nauseous attempt at Entertainment.

Word around Ch:9 is that the show is to be punted at the end of 2009......."straight between the posts".

Watch for a new look Hazim inspired format.

Can't wait:hmm:

ditch handle
31st Aug 2009, 10:41
A SURVEY has revealed the airline that gives us the least amount of satisfaction.

The Domestic Airline Satisfaction Survey conducted by Choice magazine ranked Tiger Airways as Australia's least favourite, with a 55 per cent satisfaction rate.

Jetstar was rated second-lowest, with a 60 per cent satisfaction rate, while Virgin Blue was the most satisfactory, at 68 per cent.

Travellers liked Virgin Blue's friendly crew, but some found its quirky on-board banter irritating.

Internationally, Singapore Airlines was rated number one for overall satisfaction, with a 78 per cent rating, followed by Emirates, Air New Zealand and Cathay Pacific.

Jetstar was the lowest-ranking airline for international satisfaction, with a 53 per cent satisfaction rating.

Qantas was second-lowest, with 59 per cent, and Virgin Blue third worst, with 65 per cent.

There was some good news for Tiger Airways, as it was voted best when it came to value for money, at 75 per cent.

The survey comes as the New South Wales Office of Fair Trading revealed it received 1546 travel-related complaints in the 2008/09 year, compared with 1200 in 2007/08 and just 1006 in 2006/07.

Complaints also included unsatisfactory service, cancellations and non-listing of prices and fees.

But a Fair Trading spokeswoman said mere complaints or allegations against a trader did not mean that the firm had contravened the law.

"Fair Trading recommends consumers always check the terms and conditions on airline tickets when booking travel – especially regarding inclusions/exclusions, cut-off times for check-ins and changing the days and times of travel," she said.

PPRuNeUser0198
31st Aug 2009, 11:11
I stopped reading the survey as soon as I saw 'Choice' had conducted the survey. I am sure the test base was probably about 20 people...They are shocking for these reviews...

Flight Detent
1st Sep 2009, 02:51
hey ditch handle....

in your last line, the "she said" part...

I'm just wondering how you can check the terms and conditions on airline tickets before you actually buy the said tickets?

Cheers,

FD

UnderneathTheRadar
1st Sep 2009, 04:17
I'm just wondering how you can check the terms and conditions on airline tickets before you actually buy the said tickets?

Is this a serious question?

When you tick the box that says "I have read and understood the terms and conditions" (usually with a hyperlink at minimum), you are saying "I have read and understood the terms and conditions"???????????

UTR

DutchRoll
1st Sep 2009, 10:24
I stopped reading the survey as soon as I saw 'Choice' had conducted the survey. I am sure the test base was probably about 20 people...They are shocking for these reviews...
You need to do your research better or learn something about surveys, mathematics, and probability.

The survey was of 3,500 travellers. This is more than enough to give a statistically significant result in a very large population group (and is one of their smaller surveys).

In fact the sample size in this case of the Airline Survey is way more than enough to provide results to +/- 3% and a confidence level of 99%.

Jabawocky
1st Sep 2009, 12:34
no CHOICE is all about biased opinions, and rarely on fact, based on the things I have seen that I really do know about, so as for the rest.......well all I can say is the answer may well be here;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yhN1IDLQjo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yhN1IDLQjo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shlonghaul
1st Sep 2009, 23:30
I just saw an advert on TV for Jetstar! :eek: Haven't seen one in ages, must have been at least 7 minutes ago! :E Thanks be given to all those wonderful Qantas passengers, sorry customers, who help pay for Jetstars huge TV advertising budget. What a joke......star!

DutchRoll
2nd Sep 2009, 08:52
no CHOICE is all about biased opinions, and rarely on fact, based on the things I have seen that I really do know about
....such as? Is it just that one or more has come up with results you didn't agree with (like maybe this one)?

I'm just curious as to why two posters have now rubbished the survey (and the not-for-profit politically independent Australian Consumers Association) without any justification apart from the good old time-honoured "cos I said so" excuse.

I realise PPrune is not exactly a stronghold of rational and logical argument, but this is ridiculous.

arkmark
2nd Sep 2009, 12:33
Travellers liked Virgin Blue's friendly crew, but some found its quirky on-board banter irritating.

That is just so spot on.

blow.n.gasket
3rd Sep 2009, 12:01
Bring back face painting I say!:}

dizzylizzy
3rd Sep 2009, 13:42
So does this mean the renowned "Two Brand strategy" is working?

wirgin blew
3rd Sep 2009, 20:28
Looking at the latest pax numbers from QF, J* and DJ you would have to say that it is.

Getting back onto the thread though when your spending so much money on advertising you would hope that it would make a difference otherwise the money spent would be in vain.
Morning TV is a laugh with Jet-rise and Q-Day. Perhaps VBA should spend a similar amount moving Kim and David to 6am and we could have Virgin-am with Kim and David.

I would love to know how much QF/JQ are spending on advertising. It must be a ridiculous amount which is probably not being covered with the small improvements to pax numbers.

lowerlobe
3rd Sep 2009, 21:34
There are those who would cynically allege that the huge and rather predominate advertising budget of J* (compared to it's parent) comes out QF's deep pockets.....:E:E:E:E

But Nah....I can't believe that would ever happen ........would it.:oh::oh::oh:

But....wirgin blew....I think it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black if you are comparing J* and it's advertising without looking at Sir Richard Bransons penchant for publicity.....

Flyingblind
3rd Sep 2009, 21:57
The thought of watching that early morning infotainment drivel makes my head just ache, at least VB don't air their Channel 9 dross in the cabin en route.

Same principle goes for hardly normal, i know where you are and what you sell, please stop screaming at me every 10 Min's, cut your advertising budget by 50% and reduce your prices by same.

Never going to buy anything from there because of their incessant advertising.

Mstr Caution
5th Sep 2009, 02:08

The strategy was conveyed to me recently as a two brand "competitor containment" stategy.

J* & QF counter VB from the LCC & premium end of business.

Tiger announces tulla-KSA, so too does J*.

VAUS announces Fiji services soo to does J*.

J* operating to Southern Europe to compete with other Asian LCC's.

Sunstar320
30th Sep 2009, 01:39
and you cant get much lower than matty_29 :oh:

psycho joe
30th Sep 2009, 01:57
Binary suicide in the first post.:hmm:

Section28- BE
30th Sep 2009, 03:21
Think you typed out loud.............Matty????

Struth....... well done Matty (sic) you da man alright, you just tore the arse out of the drum on the race to the bottom- these LCC threads just raise the bar of Aviation and those in it don't they, these days...........:confused::sad::(

Anybody hear that............, think there's a Tail Wheel rolling this way- I'm outa here:sad::cool:

S28-BE

stubby jumbo
30th Sep 2009, 03:35
Geeze Louise Matty

.....where did you BLOW in from.

I'm surprised this post has stayed up this long !!:eek:

Anyway cobber......my suggestion is to drop into the Sunrise set at 0855 any morning down at Martin Place in SYD -when the team come outside and mingle with the "masses".... and you can tell her this to her FACE.

Will be fun to watch what security do.:ouch:

Let us know how you go.

Will be much better viewing than the usual Kochie inspired dribble.

Howabout
30th Sep 2009, 03:46
I feel a bit like Madam Defarge, waiting in expectation for the guillotine blade to drop. It's got a kind of inevitability.

Could this be a record for the shortest time to be punted?

tail wheel
30th Sep 2009, 04:54
Some of us also have jobs to do - otherwise I'm sure his juvenile first post would not have lasted a whole three hours.

Normally only spammers get banned after their first post - but for Matty I made a special exemption! :=

I'm sure he'll find a web site that tolerates his type of posts!

Dragun
30th Sep 2009, 05:29
Don't you hate it when you read a thread but can't see the post that everyone is blowing up about because it's been deleted and/or the poster banned? D'oh!

Howabout
30th Sep 2009, 06:31
Believe me Dragun, it was so base, grotty and puerile that I imagine tail wheel thought that deletion and banning was the only option. I'm fairly liberal-minded, but I was offended and that's saying something. The majority who did read it, I wouldn't mind betting, would support the mod's actions 100%.

That's why we have mods - and most of the time they get it right.

tail wheel
30th Sep 2009, 07:45
Thanks Howabout. We try to get it right but we can't please all the people all the time.......

The Mods have a sense of humour, are certainly no saints, but that deleted post was gross, obsene and totally unacceptable on a professional aviation forum.

stubby jumbo
30th Sep 2009, 08:20
......'totally agree.

Good job Tail Wheel:ok:

I'm all for Freedom of Expression. But in this wombats case-he went way over the top.

Crikey.......it takes me back to the old days reading Ribald magazine down the bag of the tool shed.:ooh:

teresa green
30th Sep 2009, 10:24
Its quite simple really. At 0600 turn on channel 10. You will get the news, delivered professionally, including market reports, without the drivel from hollywood, and the ego driven congratulations to each other, for more minor drivel. At 0700 turn off TV and either get into uniform and go to work, or do as the missus decrees, simple. Life does not have to be hard. Use your remote.

Dragun
30th Sep 2009, 22:37
Channel 10? Professional? You have to be joking, they're the worst of the lot.

I turned off channel 10 news the day I heard Sandra Sully look straight into the camera and say in her most pompous, grave voice "We'll be back after the break with the latest on the war on swine flu."

No really, THE WAR ON SWINE FLU! Who writes this crap!? :mad:

capt.cynical
1st Oct 2009, 01:23
You mean Sandra "MUMBLES" dont you !! :)

Sunstar320
1st Oct 2009, 03:30
I see a great future ahead for this thread...