PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone.. suspected 'liquid damage'

shnev
28th Aug 2009, 00:51
G'day Folks

I have a question for someone in the know!

Recently my iphone wouldn't turn back on (after having it off all day at work) and the screen said it needed to be plugged into itunes for a reset.

However after plugging it in the computer, itunes came up with a message saying 'Sim card unreadable.' So I took it back to Vodaphone and they sent it to an authorised apple service center, and they reported that it had water/liquid damage. (and hence no warranty job!)

I can swear by anything that it hasn't been in contact with water or liquids, so I was quite dissapointed to here this. I rang apple and they said to send it into them (the actual apple centre in Sydney) so they can give it a more 'thorough' check... and they wrote on the job report that it has not been in touch with liquids.

Anyway... So if they send it back to me with the reported liquid damage again... how can I dispute this? Can i take it to the telecommunications ombudsman?

It's so unfair!

Any advice would be great, THanks

shnev :ok:

Bushfiva
28th Aug 2009, 01:11
During the initial check, they probably just looked at the moisture detector. These can give false alarms: I triggered mine by carrying the phone in a shirt pocket on a very hot day.

shnev
28th Aug 2009, 01:26
Ah I see..

So what was the outcome of that?

.. and you're right. They did say the moisture detector had shown up...

Bushfiva
28th Aug 2009, 01:48
Well my phone kept working.