PDA

View Full Version : FO Program

fvaz
27th Aug 2009, 20:52
Once again i know that is a old topic but i can't avoid it. Need some new info on FO programs. I'm interested doing a Airbus TR plus 500 hours line training. Besides eaglejet, is there another one? Can anyone tell me about experience in this company or another one??

Anyone ... :)

(I dont whant to go on the discution about wrong or right about paying for TR, ITS WRONG, OK!! I just whant valeu and updated info to make a decision).

IrishJetdriver
27th Aug 2009, 20:59
Two things to remember

1. Don't.
2. Don't forget point 1

You'll most likely waste your money. Keep the cash, get what little interest you can and try and keep current.

The only time you should consider paying for a TR is with a rock solid job attached. As far as I am aware only Ryanair can offer that so give them a try.

I know what the desperation feels like, I was there once at a similar age to you and it took 2 years to get a job. I didn't pay for a TR and never have done but I couldn't have afforded to anyway. I got my first job before 9/11 when things were pretty bad but nothing like as bad as now.

Save the money for better times.

Good luck.

wigwag
28th Aug 2009, 11:06
For Eaglejet keep looking at the thread for latest information, and perhaps post your question there.

Good luck on your choice

WW

MVE
28th Aug 2009, 13:43
Why can't you avoid it? Perhaps that is the question you should ask and not the best place to buy a job!

Good luck!

wigwag
28th Aug 2009, 15:04
Yes it would be better not to see pilots paying to fly, I agree, and this thread can turn into another long repetitive argument but its his/her choice.

anyway try this link

http://http://www.globalpilottraining.com/admission.html

fvaz
28th Aug 2009, 22:10
Well, first of all in my country if you have more than 35 years old, no airline will contract you! And i'm 37! But i know that some guys had the FO program and got a job. So, I think that we are all different people in different positions. My country is very small in terms of aviation only have 3 or 4 companies with 20 airplanes, its not like the US with thousands. So i have to look at my chances. My country companies only acceppt me if i have a TR and under 45 years old. So, i have to do something.

Thas why i'm very interested in TR plus Line training information.

Thanks...

jet.man123
29th Aug 2009, 22:45
Actually there are three guys from your country doing just what you want to and they will probably get hired, at least until next spring. They started off with the SSTR plus 300 hrs and are now flying the line in a reasonable location. Send me a PM if you want the details, dont want to get into the whole boring debate situ again!!

zerograv
29th Aug 2009, 23:12
Nice to hear that TAP is going to recruit "at least until next spring" .... or did I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 3?

Safe flights,
Zero

fvaz
31st Aug 2009, 20:59
Even if TAP open admissions, it will be for 5 or 10 vancancies. We will have 800 people applying.

Kirks gusset
1st Sep 2009, 07:18
I dont think TAP have any more openings, we have two Portugese whom have just done a SSTR and bought line flying.They will may well get a winter contract, but there is never a guarantee... but at least they are flying, In fairness, once they have 300hrs they get a small salary until the decision to keep or let go is taken, I guess if they stay 6 months they have pretty much recovered their line training costs.. not ideal but better than nothing and they are adding value to themselves as a product. Please, lets not get into the whole issue of SSTR again, it's been done to death and is frankly boring!

barista
1st Sep 2009, 11:01
it's been done to death and is frankly boring!

What is borring is seeing people buy they way into jobs and ruin it for proffesionals but hey if you find that boring tell the guy next to you on the flight deck tomorrow and see how it goes.

fvaz
1st Sep 2009, 13:54
As i told before, we are all diferent an in diferente positions. I respect the will and the way of anyone. I somebody dont whant to buy a TR, fine. But we have to understand that other may have no other way.

jet.man123
1st Sep 2009, 20:38
Mr Barista, I flew today with a lady that self improved and bought an A320 rating, she owes 70K, how does that compare to the CTC or OAA cadet that owes 65K for just a CPL, is she any less professional? if anything she has worked harder. Do we judge her..NO.. so what gives you guys the right to slur and pontificate on these forums.. And as for doing the "professional pilot" out of a job.. I thought to be a professional it suggested one was getting paid for the employment.. she is and there are a lot of guys being made redundant from 737 fleets that are not, sadly.. I bet 9 out of 10 would jump at the chance to fly the Bus, if they were rated, she is not doing them out of a job or buying her way into an airline.
This is a forum, and thus we are all entitled to a voice, just because you dont agree it doesn't make it wrong.

CS-CCO
1st Sep 2009, 21:16
FVAZ, I'm 31 but in the same boat as you as I'll soon be 32 and whenever Airlines in Portugal start hiring low-houred pilots again I'll North of 35 but unless you're willing to relocate ANYWHERE incling Africa, Asia, Middle-East, etc. buying an FO Program with the sole aim at TAP is a shot in the dark with VERY high chances of missing.

Having said that if I had the 50k I'd go with you but I'd keep the horizons wide open...

barista
1st Sep 2009, 21:53
jetman

Except my oppinon does not make the market worse for other proffessional people and buying a job does. My english is maybe not great but i understand the meaning of the word undermine.

I used to have a favorite club. At weekend i would go there with my freinds, nice place. A new doorman started letting shabby people in if they bribe him and the place was no longer nice. Sometime money makes a thing worse.

fvaz
2nd Sep 2009, 00:40
Francisco,

My aim is not TAP, my aim is not Portugal airlines. My main goal is.. to be a airline pilot. :)

Franciso Vaz

Rfortes
3rd Sep 2009, 11:22
Vaz,
Check you PM...
boa Sorte!

CS-CCO
3rd Sep 2009, 12:00
Fortes,

If you or anyone else has valuable info on this matter but only provides it by PM pls PM me as well.

Cheers