PDA

View Full Version : Spare Seat To Spa GP - Travel This Afternoon!

toptobottom
27th Aug 2009, 09:15
Chums

URGENT!!

I'm flying from southern England to Belgium this afternoon to spend the w/e in Spa for the Grand Prix. I'm taking an R44 with 3 mates - well actually 2 mates now as the third has had to cancel at the last minute... :mad:

We have Gold grandstand tickets and are renting a house a few hundred meters from the circuit :ok:

If you are less than 175lbs and can get to the Thames Valley or Chichester this afternoon (or I may be able to pick you up if you're in the South East), you'll be very welcome to join us!! We're splitting all costs equally - the tickets and accommodation come to about £850 - fuel, booze and food will be up to another £500 ish (all per person). We're returning on Monday morning.

Anyone up for it? First come first served - please PM me ASAP!!

TTB

toptobottom
27th Aug 2009, 18:50
As you may have gathered, the spare seat now been taken - and we've landed in Francorchamps! Some nice kit landing here already...

Thanks for the PMs - only one seat though :(
TTB

biggles99
2nd Sep 2009, 15:58
Hi TTB

how was your trip?

Fantastic to see others cost sharing -- it makes so much sense.

The pilots keep current, and therefore don't just give up and drop out, the machines keep flying and therefore need maintenance.

More pilots mean more work for all you instructors!

I've just done a couple of trips - one to Germany and one to Italy. Great fun and great flying had by all.

Big Ls.

toptobottom
3rd Sep 2009, 09:43
Hey Big Ls

*Great* trip - the weather was fantastic, although the Brit drivers could have had a better day...

We had to go via Kortrijk this year because of the Schengen stuff and if it wasn't for the fact we had to file a FPL, the border police would have waved us through without even seeing our passports on the way back! Very helicopter friendly and the Belgian ATS is second to none.

I noticed your robbie syndicate post for Shobdon - are you based there? I drop into EGBS for fuel quite frequently en route to a bolt hole I have on the Welsh coast -that may change if Llanbedr ever opens...

drop me a PM?

TTB