PDA

View Full Version : Mil Mi-8 spares ?

heli1
25th Aug 2009, 11:18
Now here's an odd one.Anyone who can tell me what a used pair of clamshell doors for a Mi-8 might cost...seriously. I am trying to estimate the value of a Mi-8 if broken down for spares recovery and think the clamshells might be a good indication. .

9Aplus
25th Aug 2009, 14:16
not much.... whole Mi 8T out of resources can be purchased cheap, mean
really cheap....in depend where is your shopping, usually transport cost more
than airframe part...:cool:

Fareastdriver
25th Aug 2009, 16:25
Was it you that was backing up the truck?

spinwing
25th Aug 2009, 17:04
Mmmmm ...

Unfortunately High(ish) labour costs to get the RPG burn marks off the parts before sale tends to ... drive the prices up considerably!

:rolleyes:

heli1
26th Aug 2009, 08:10
I was trying to be serious...book prices anyone ??

ecureilx
26th Aug 2009, 15:09
Price depends upon where it is located... :E :oh:

Miles Gustaph
26th Aug 2009, 21:46
Book price???? for a MIL-8 there isn't a book price, it's a MIL-8, think global scrap dealer methodology.

As said above the world is full of these things and spares for them it normally costs more for the shipping than the part!

2002, MIL 24 hydraulic pump, $82.00 negative paperwork, $180+ shipping.

piggybank
27th Aug 2009, 00:54
Of topic reply. Interesting price at $82 but the lack of paperwork would frighten the life out of me. having said that, even with paperwork, would you trust it to be true?

Miles Gustaph
27th Aug 2009, 09:36
...it was offered "with" paperwork, but having seen one before, it turned out to be a hand written receipt! We sent all the parts back to overhaul facilities that could issue "something" a little more substantial, even if it was only a certificate of conformity to an ISO 9001/2000 company...

It was an interesting time the parts were just incredibly cheep... new unused blades for under $5000 just a mad situation.

As for cam-shell doors... the repair manual allows a shocking amount of repair work to be carried out on them for the Mil 8, I hate to think what you'd have to do to kill them and justify new ones.

Heli1, just as a thought, you may want to be careful where you break the aircraft up and sell the parts from as there are countries where selling aircraft parts, even non-certified parts is a highly regulated affair.

ecureilx
28th Aug 2009, 04:41
As for cam-shell doors... the repair manual allows a shocking amount of repair work to be carried out on them for the Mil 8, I hate to think what you'd have to do to kill them and justify new ones.

Seriously, few eons ago, I did work with some Russkie crew, who did have a habit of banging the clamshell doors closed, when they locks didn't mate

And they did a few sorties 'minus' the doors, with netting.

Perfectly safe, according to the temporary AOC they had, and even the winch needed a few nudges before it started rolling in or out ..