PDA

View Full Version : RHO Aviation

sagy34
24th Aug 2009, 18:01
Looking to organise some HUET in Qld (possible OS), can anyone confirm whether RHO Aviation is an RTO, or whether they offer a certificate under another companies name for HUET, not very clear on their website.

Important for my client to know as they have requirements to meet.

Cheers
:ok:

John Eacott
24th Aug 2009, 19:37
sagy,

On my HUET "Statement of attainment" from RHO, March 2009, the 'lead RTO' is ERGT Australia, RTO 2534.

Good course (aren't they all?), but the relatively small cabin took some getting used to if you've done dunkers before. Apparently the size is somewhat dictated by the requirement to knock it down into a flat pack (or similar) for easy transport, but is really pretty cosy and is for just two crew.

Hope that helps :ok:

Helocrew
25th Aug 2009, 02:26
Hi Sagy,

I just completed a HUET course with RHO Aviation a few weeks ago and they have become a RTO within the last few months, it's indicated on their Statement of Attainment under the ATQF system they also issue a photo ID card.
They have a new 4 seat dunker that doesn't need a crane to operate and it has push-out and mechanically operated exits, I was impressed with the effective simplicity of the simulator. It appears very transportable as it can flat packed like the 2 seater that they operate.
I agree with John that it is a good course (I have done 8 HUET previously), but I found the instructors are very student focused and ensured that if anyone was having difficulties during the practical stuff then they really helped them out to overcome these issues in order to achieve the required outcome of the training. Definitely not a sausage factory course like other courses I have done.

I hope this helps out, best of luck :ok:

sagy34
28th Aug 2009, 11:42
Thanks for the replies, :ok: pity they are not an RTO, as no matter how good the course is, my client requires them to have their own RTO as well as using a dunker, not a chair.

Cheers

havick
29th Aug 2009, 03:02
Gday Sagy(Crazy),

Are you still with Careflight? If so why would Careflight be seeking services from RHO aviation (aren't they your competitor, don't you have your own dunker, don't you run your own courses already)?

FYI, if you check the NTIS website you will be assured that RHO is in fact an RTO.

They run a good/reliable course and we will continue to use them in the future for our many bases around the country.

What's happening in the middle east?

Cheers... Havick

sagy34
30th Aug 2009, 11:54
Havick (No Idea who you are),

thanks for the info re RTO status, that was the info that I was originally chasing.

As for the rest of your post I have no idea what you are on about.:confused:

Again thanks for the info