PDA

View Full Version : Athens - looking for advice

4HolerPoler
23rd Aug 2009, 21:42
Based on experience who would you use in Athens - Euro Aviation or Signature?

One more question - do either of them have their own terminal or gate or do the pax have to pass through with the great unwashed masses?

Thanks for any advice.

4HP

FlyMD
23rd Aug 2009, 21:47
Used Euro Aviation last time, nice service. Separate terminal. Don't recall much more...

bizjetbus
23rd Aug 2009, 23:15
We have used both but last couple of times or so we have been using Signature and had good service. Expect problems/delays with fueling and handling can't do anything about it....

bjb

G-SPOTs Lost
24th Aug 2009, 06:41
4HP

You still flying the white aircraft with the green stripe?

I'm amazed you dont get the VIP treatment and the car to the steps everywhere

So let me get this right......you still have to worry about the pax route landside and have to wait endlessly for fuel?

You've just shattered a 10 year illusion!!!! :{ :{

Im sticking with the Citation!

4HolerPoler
24th Aug 2009, 08:25
Thanks - nope, I live a far simpler life nowadays.

Sounds like they have their own GA terminal and larger aircraft park on a remote (cargo) ramp but can use the GA terminal & get bussed to the a/c.

Thanks for the heads-up on the fuel; think I'll tanker.

Any other advice well received.

4HP

bizjetbus
24th Aug 2009, 10:09
Yes, separate VIP terminal / FBO by the fire station. Parking close by but sometimes you will get parking down by the cargo area. Transportation to/from FBO and aircraft works fine.

bjb

jammydonut
24th Aug 2009, 10:16
Park very close to the fire station - you might need it :)

PPRuNe Towers
24th Aug 2009, 14:43
Both handlers have their service stymied by fuelers and start crews not appearing on time.

I know it's out of their hands and I rate the handlers but it can be immensely frustrating.

Rob

jammydonut
24th Aug 2009, 15:06
How far away are the fires relating to the field?