PDA

View Full Version : Creating waypoints in LJ60 with UNS-800 FMS

epsum
23rd Aug 2009, 12:55
After reading a manual and tried to put custom waypoints in UNS FMS, and still not succeeded, I have a following question:

Is it possible to create custom waypoints when heading comes from ADF and distance comes from VOR?
Example : LFKJ circling approach to rwy 20. In plate they give points A, B, and C , headings from IS and or following points (point A, hdg from IS, dme from AJA, point B, heading from point A and dme from AJA, and point C, turning in from B and distance from AJA). and distances from AJA?
We decided to fly them traditional way with help of pointers and PNF and due the good weather finished approach visually, but still got me wonder, has the good old Universal possibility to program those points and fly the circling with help of FD?

LR3040
23rd Aug 2009, 13:45
Pilot Waypoints can be made, and can be defined by geografical position, or by refference to one( Not two) nav waypoint with bearing and distance thereoff.

I think the sequence is to create a name, press enter, if name unknown to database, the FMS then prompts you to define the point by measures mentioned above.

L:ok: