PDA

View Full Version : N'Djamena, Chad

fl610
22nd Aug 2009, 10:22
Guys, I would appreciate any information on N'Djamena, Chad. (The good, the bad and the ugly!) Hotels, handling etc.

Thanks, in advance. fl610.

411A
22nd Aug 2009, 11:44
Diverted there once with a TriStar.
Fortunately, had plenty of cash on hand to pay the landing/handling fee.
ATC has been improved recently, IMO.

Der_Fischmeister
22nd Aug 2009, 12:03
I recommend a Bullet Proof West....watch out for Burglary,Street fighters all the god stuff...still not a nice place

fl610
22nd Aug 2009, 22:18
Thanks for the replies.

farmer jo
23rd Aug 2009, 04:56
Take a look at following link

Chad travel advice (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/chad)

It's not a very nice place !!:)

FJ

bayete
23rd Aug 2009, 11:17
Try the A1 night club for an exciting night out. If you remain after all the French soldiers have left the club at curfew time you will get a lot of attention from the Night Fighters if you have a foreign face.
If that kind of thing floats your boat.

C-N
23rd Aug 2009, 11:34
Routing to FTTJ/NDJ is difficult as they have diplomatic problems with Sudan. Both route, inbound and outbound NDJ must not overfly Sudan.

flycircus
23rd Aug 2009, 14:56
That's not a nice place to leave. I've been there for the first time 15 years ago and to my mind it worsens every year. Three main hotels:
-Novotel "La Tchadienne":used to be a good place but the management is weard and the hotel is old fashionned and not very clean(nevertheless Air France crews' hotel)
-"Le Méridien":has been renovated and refurbished 3 years ago, along the river"Chari "
-"Kempinski":a beautiful brand new Libian hotel
If you stay a while you can try the following restaurants:
-Le Carnivore": very good peaces of meat, local live music
-Le Bistro: French ambiance and cuisine
-Le Centrale
-Coté Jardin
-Le Shanghai
You can go in all that restaurants with your eyes closed. I have eaten in all of them many times and never been seek!! They are all situated in or around the Charles de Gaule avenue
Regarding the night clubs, try the "VIP" former "number 1". You have to pay 100 CFA to go in. Good place for fun. The curfew for the military is midnight so if at 23H55 you see everybody rushing out( unfortunately i'll be one of them until the 10th of October!) keep cool.
I hope it will help you

fl610
24th Aug 2009, 12:08
Once again, thank you for the replies.